Author Topic: NEAN Family Tree  (Read 8118 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: NEAN Family Tree
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 July 14 07:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Kirra,

The ww2 digitised record for your great grandfather makes interesting reading.

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/explore/defence/service-records/

I think it is possible he was not quite truthful about his age at enlistment- perhaps wishing to appear a little younger.  I suspect also that his birth was not registered or has failed somehow to be indexed.

This newspaper article about the theft of a bicycle suggests a birthdate of about.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/113001473?searchTerm="joseph nean"&searchLimits=

Moree Gwydir Examiner and General Advertiser Tuesday 28 November 1916

The digitised service history gives his wife as Alice Maud, though I do not see a marriage.  It also mentions 2 children . It also contains a photo of the man.

Here are the deaths of 2 children (perhaps you already have them).  There were perhaps more children after his time in the Australian Army

104809/1977    NEAN Joseph Alexander
Parents Joseph & Alice Maude

20060/1940 NEAN Thelma May
Parents Joseph Alexander & Alice Maud
At MOREE

The thread which has been linked above by jamjar  gives some information about the family and will be  worth reading for you. He seemed to use his given names Joseph and Alexander interchangeably.

There are a few possibilitie for his parents, but without records and registrations, it is all guesswork ;D

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline julesmacca29

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 December 14 06:56 GMT (UK) »
hello, I'm searching Charlotte Lyons who is my great grandmother and we have just discovered she had a second family married to Harry Nean. we may be able to help each other would love to exchange information. I'm not real sure how to use rootschat so please bear with me.
jules

Offline Murrawarri.Woman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jules,

Charlotte Lyons was my Great grandmother too. She was married to my Great Grandfather, Harry Nean. Harry and Charlotte had a daughter named Emily, that's my grandmother.

Offline julesmacca29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 07:43 GMT (UK) »
wow! great to make contact.... i have been trying to find charlotte for many years do you know where she died and do you want any of her history that i have. i would love to know more ....hope to hear from you soon ...cheers jules

Offline Murrawarri.Woman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jules

Would love any information about Charlotte as I don't know much about her. How we make contact?

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat :)
Hope this helps.
"New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility."
http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline tnean62

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 23 April 15 06:15 BST (UK) »
My name iz Thelma Nean I'm lookin for information bout my grandfather Joesph Alexander Nean n my grandmother Alice Maude Nean I know they lived in Moree NSW n I know some stuff bout them but I want to find out more my dad he don't talk much bout his mum since his dad went to war my grandfather served 2 war's but my dad waz in the war aswell but the more information you find for me the better I tryed all the web sites to find them I couldn't find anything no photographs nothing I tryed evry thing it was do hard I need to know what my grandfather. N my grandmother was like can you help me I will be so happy  ::) ::) ::) I tryed like forever to information it's means everything to me if can help this is my only option now thank you