Author Topic: Elizabeth (McClinton) Marchbank  (Read 3809 times)

Offline jojo1973

• RootsChat Extra
  • nalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth (McClinton) Marchbank
« on: Monday 03 September 12 23:31 BST (UK) »
Hi all! I have recently found info that could possibly link up to my great grandfather's sister Elizabeth McClinton born 1880 to William and Mary(Gribbin)McClinton. She was the informant on her fathers death record with her last name being Marchbank. I'm wondering if anyone has any info for the Marchbank family?(online family tree i have found has husband as Walter Marchbank,married in 1907 and has Elizabeth's place of death as Thornhill? My problem is the last name listed for Elizabeth is McClintock. Just want to be sure this is the right Elizabeth. Would love to know where she is buried and a possible picture maybe? :) Thanks for your time once again,Jodi
McClinton,MacIntyre,West,Cohen,Kampel,Orton,Overbey,Bareswilt,Howell,Watson

Offline Chloemacks

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth (McClinton) Marchbank
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 December 12 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jodi,

I think we might be related, I have McClinton/tocks in my family too, originally from Ireland but moved to Wigtownshire in Scotland. The furthest I've got back is William McClinton born in Ireland in 1788, does this match up with you? Thanks,  Chloe McKeown

Offline Chloemacks

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth (McClinton) Marchbank
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 December 12 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Just realised you already replied to me on another post, duh! I'm just learning my way around this site  ::) ! Are you on ancestry.com? My tree is on there if you want to have a look at it?  :)