Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 889 times)

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Help Needed
« on: Friday 07 March 14 00:41 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfather Edwin Stonehouse was born 1878 Kirby son of Christopher Stonehouse and Mary A Johnson. Edwin married 4 times.

1.  Jane Wilson m 1899 Stocksley, Had a son Harry 1901 - 1903. Jane died 1901.
In the 1901  Edwin is a widower, working as a Joiner ,living in Stockton Tees.

2. Elizabeth Ann Jefferson m 1903 Auckland Co Durham, Had 2 sons, Fred 1904 - 1983 and Edwin 14 Oct 1906 (my grandad) - 22 Sept 1970 (N.Z) Elizabeth died Mar qtr 1907.

3.Minnie Muir m 1908. They had about 5 children but only 1 lived past child hood,that being Betty b abt 1914 died abt 1999? Scotland. Minnie died 1914.

4. Mary Cawthorne m 1921. Had No Children no nothing more about her.
Edwin snr died 12 April 1941

In the 1911 Edwin was living in New Shildon with Wife Minnie. Minnie's detail's are;
Wife, married 2 yrs, Total children born 2, Children alive 2.
In the household are; Edwin 33, Minnie 25, Fred 6, Edwin 4, Eilleen Jenny 4 mths.

My question is; as Fred and Edwin are not her children where can i find the other child.
Also where can i find the burials for the family. ( My late mother said they were all in Shildon) The only ones i know are Fred ( Darlington) Edwin jnr (N.Z.) and Betty (somewhere in Scotland. i have not checked Scot's pepole yet.)

I am not in a position to buy certs at the moment.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 March 14 12:15 GMT (UK) »

In the 1911 Edwin was living at 7 Pearl Street New Shildon with Wife Minnie. Minnie's detail's are;
Wife, married 2 yrs, Total children born 2, Children alive 2.
In the household are; Edwin 33, Minnie 25, Fred 6, Edwin 4, Eilleen Jenny 4 mths.

My question is; as Fred and Edwin are not her children where can i find the other child.

Hi

We can't give details from the 1911 but it does show the name of the other child on the census with Edwin & Minnie though crossed out and suggests where they are living - the child is where stated.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 March 14 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I will try and find the original census. I have just transferred my tree from one computer to another and have lost a lot of info. I just have my notes to go by.

Carol.

I do have 3 of the 4 marriage certs (brought many years ago )

Edit: Found her with Grandparent's Thank - you. Now to find out where their final resting place is.

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.