Author Topic: Searching for Beacom families  (Read 27999 times)

Offline Devonmarie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Searching for Beacom families
« on: Sunday 06 September 09 07:42 BST (UK) »
Hi my relatives came from Enniskillen Fermanagh.  Also surrounding areas. 

I am looking for Robert Beacom and his wife Jane Thompson they lived about 1783 and 1806  respectively.  Is there any way to locate where they lived?  Also I am looking for all Beacom Families hopefully someone can send their names to me. Thank you for your help.  Devonmarie

Offline ginny44

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Beacom families
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 September 09 17:02 BST (UK) »
I have sent you pm.

regards

Ginny

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 September 09 17:28 BST (UK) »
New members usually need to make 3 posts before being able to use PM system.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ginny44

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 September 09 17:33 BST (UK) »
Oh, I hadn't realised that (or forgotten).  Thanks for that.

Anyway, here's the content of my mail.

Hello

I have been researching my husbands family called Mayers.  They come from Enniskillen Fermanagh, and there are many from that area.  Whilst doing my research, I discovered a Joseph Mayers married to a Sarah Beacom.  Marriage date 29 AUG 1849.  I think they are the grandparents of my husbands great grand father Joseph Mayers.

Sarahs father was called Henry Beacom born 1830 and his father was called Henry born 1798, married to a Annie Hall (b1802), married 1823.

The Beacom family do come from  Enniskillen Fermanagh, so perhaps these are related to your family.

Regards

Ginny

Offline snoons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 January 10 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Henry BEACOM b 1830 Enniskillen Fermanagh married Mary ?, date I don't know.
(His parents were Henry BEACOM and Anne HALL, it's on his marr. cert. 15 Aug 1888). They immigrated to Australia in 1860, (Hy aged 27, Mary aged 21) possibly on "Hilton", into Victoria - just the two of them I think. A Mary BEACOM died 1886, buried 07 Dec, and Henry remarried 15 Aug 1888 to Edith MESSENGER. On marriage reg'n states 1 living, 9 dead children (this would be from the marriage between Hy and Mary).
Looking at your message, I think there may be a generation missing. You say Sarah married in 1849, yet her father Henry was only born in 1830... She possibly was a sister to Henry born 1830, what do you think?
My g.g.g.g.grand father, Martin FORSTER was married to Jane BEACOM, I'm trying to sort out about her, & wonder if Hy BEACOM, b 1830 approx is a brother!   Regards, Trisha.

Offline ginny44

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 January 10 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello

"Henry BEACOM b 1830 Enniskillen Fermanagh married Mary ?, date I don't know.
(His parents were Henry BEACOM and Anne HALL, it's on his marr. cert. 15 Aug 1888)"

It's been a while since I looked at my tree so not familiar with dates at the moment.  There is a possibility that Henry and Jane Beacom where brother and sister.  Just briefly back tracking with with the dates I have written on here.

Joseph Mayers m Sarah Beacom 29 Aug 1849. I don't have an age for Sarah when married.  Her father was called Henry Beacom born 1798, married to Annie Hall (b1802).  They married in 1823.  Perhaps the Henry Beacom born 1830 was the brother of Sarah Beacom), like you say, and I have recorded the dates incorrectly. This would make more sense of the dates.  Your Jane Beacom may have been a sister to Henry and Sarah Beacom?  It is possible.

I must get back to this but I think I came to a full stop with this side?

Kind regards

Ginny

Offline snoons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 January 10 02:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ginny, great to find some contact, thanks for responding.
From your message it looks like Jane could be a sibling of Henry Snr gong by her age, that would make her Henry (b1830) and Sarah (m 1849) their Aunt? And Arthur FORSTER and Henry BEACOM would be cousins!
Henry as I said immigrated to Victoria, and settled in pretty much same location as Jane BEACOM and Martin FORSTER's son Arthur FORSTER (Arthur FORSTER is my g.g.g.grandfather) - hence my interest in Henry (b 1830).
I live in Vic. and know the area quite well, there is quite a lot of local history (Victoria) where they settled that I can forward to you, but don't know how far off your direct line you go with your research.  From your posting I'm guessing you're in UK, would that be England?
Regards, Trisha.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 23 January 10 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have found a Henry Beacom who married Mary Beacom in Derryvullan Church of Ireland, Enniskillen. Cousins? Recorded in Enniskillen Registrar Vol5 page 740. Marriage was on 13 Sept1859.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline ginny44

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 January 10 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Kingskerswell for that information.  I am sure that all of the Beacoms from Enniskillen where related.  There was a huge family of them living there and must go back a long way.  I see that you say that a Mary Beacom married a Henry Beacom and that they may have been related?

Hi Trisha
I was contacted a while ago by a lady who said that she was a direct descendant of Henry Beacom,
"Henry Beacome was my Great Grand father" and that Henry had a brother called Richard.  Unfortunately I lost contact with her for further information.  She may read this and get back in touch.  Note the (e) at the end of Beacom, a variation of the spelling.  Would you be able to confirm a ROBERT being the brother of Henry, as if so, then this might tie the connection further. 

I would also like further information of the Beacom family, so that one day, when I get to putting the smaller branches on the tree I can look further at possible connections.

When I found the Mayers side of the tree, I was sent a list of Mayers and Beacoms, marriages etc, by the parish church.  I cannot put my hand on the list at the moment, but will have a look and give you the names on it.

Kind regards

Ginny