Author Topic: Catherine Carey b. 1875 in England  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Frank2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Carey b. 1875 in England
« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 June 14 09:22 BST (UK) »
the 1930  census has Frederic(k)   back in Kentucky  and states he's  a  widower   and  with  son Edward    This census  has  Fred  born 1878   immigration   year 1888,  parents born  England  and  his  occupation Chemist
Yes, that's correct. I have been fortunate that I've been able to make some headway with Frederick's parents and whatnot, since I knew from a family member that he was born in Manchester. He actually arrived in the US somewhere between 1866 and 1871, I believe, since his sister was born in Illinois around 1871. Catherine's parents and specific birth location have proven to be pretty elusive, however.
Peterson, Denison, Dennison, Higgins, Bradbury, Collins, McGinnis, Boland, Bradbury, Hawkins, Carey, Linny, Cunningham, Taylor, Orr, McDonald, Hyatt, Weissenfels, Stone, Cole, Myrick, Clark

Offline Frank2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 June 14 09:27 BST (UK) »
  A   possible    death 

New York, New York, Death Index, 1862-1948
about Catherine Bradbury

Name:
Catherine Bradbury

Birth Year:
abt 1875

Death Date:
25 Mar 1925

Death Place:
Bronx, New York, USA

Certificate Number:

Purchase Certificate
Wow, thank you for finding that. I think that's probably her. It makes sense she'd have been there because her daughter Irene was living in the Bronx with her husband and daughter (my grandmother) as well.
Peterson, Denison, Dennison, Higgins, Bradbury, Collins, McGinnis, Boland, Bradbury, Hawkins, Carey, Linny, Cunningham, Taylor, Orr, McDonald, Hyatt, Weissenfels, Stone, Cole, Myrick, Clark

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 June 14 09:39 BST (UK) »
Maybe  getting her  death   cert   will  show  who  her  parents were ?  I noticed  on Edwards   death  details in 1941   it   gives   the  parents names

Offline Frank2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 June 14 09:47 BST (UK) »
Maybe  getting her  death   cert   will  show  who  her  parents were ?  I noticed  on Edwards   death  details in 1941   it   gives   the  parents names
I hope so. Some do and some don't, so I'm going to try to find out if it will show any new info before I spend the money.

Offline Frank2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 00:20 BST (UK) »
Just an update, I MAY have found her birth record. The name and date of April 1875 matches, however I can't be sure since I don't have parents' names or a specific location. The location on the record is Wolverhampton, Staffordshire. There are also Christening records for her, and parents listed are Thomas Carey and Anna Evans.

Really hoping this is a match but I won't know for sure until I can get at least one parents' name on her death record, though I'm also trying to find an obituary now that I have a death date, but no luck so far.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 14:29 BST (UK) »
You could get a free copy of the death certificate through the Family History Library photoduplication services - https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Photoduplication_Services

Offline Frank2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 June 14 04:29 BST (UK) »
You could get a free copy of the death certificate through the Family History Library photoduplication services - https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Photoduplication_Services
Thank you! I didn't know that even existed. Much appreciated. :)

Offline Frank2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 31 August 14 03:22 BST (UK) »
Just wanted to update that I finally acquired a copy of her death cert. It lists her parents as John Carey and Hannah Smith, both born in Ireland, with her being born in England.