Author Topic: Joseph Hancock of Laugharne  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Sophiejoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Hancock of Laugharne
« on: Monday 20 May 13 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am also looking for info on Joseph Hancock b. 1740 d. April 1808 Laugharne Carmarthenshire, he married Hester b. 1740 d. 1800 in 1757, I believe they are the parents of Thomas Hancock 1763-1839 who was born in Laugharne, Carmarthen shire. Thomas Hancock  he  married Sarah Hendy 1760-1846.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Hancock of Laugharne
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 May 13 14:17 BST (UK) »
Hi

There is already a post raised by somebdy else to which you have replied

See

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,647480.msg4942133.html#msg4942133
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Sophiejoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 May 13 15:59 BST (UK) »
yes, sorry I put it on the wrong place

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 September 18 16:26 BST (UK) »
I live in Laugharne and looked through the burrial index 1600-1813 and others from St Martin's Church and very few Hancocks are mentioned, none with the names and dates you are looking for. They may be chapel rather than church, but those records were destroyed some years ago. You could contact the Laugharne Corporation http://www.laugharnecorporation.co.uk/ as they keep records of residents who owned houses in Laugharne or rented land from the Corporation. There is a CD ROM sold in Laugharne £10 with Tithe Map 1842 and a Corporation Survey of 1834, I have looked and only found David Hancock. I am not sure if they would have more information than on the CD ROM.