Author Topic: Samuel BEAVIS-Elizabeth COLE  (Read 13839 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel BEAVIS-Elizabeth COLE
« Reply #36 on: Friday 01 January 10 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Spruso,

I have photos for you, if you'd like to PM me an email address.

There wasn't a headstone, on CCC 69, 70, that I could find. That was for Sara Ann Beavis, Benjamin Cole, Elizabeth and Samuel Beavis.

Also couldn't find one in Section A Row 16 Grave 328, 320 for Robert J Beavis, Sarah, Annie, Robert.

Maybe someone with the MI's could see if there was one.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline rballaz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 18 October 14 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm new to this but I noticed a comment about Elizabeth Mckenzie age on a MI.
Firstly what is MI? Marriage index?
I am a direct decendent  of their daughter Mary Jane Beavis b 1841. Mary married James Edward Hatch and had 12 children of which photos show some are dark. I am trying to track my Aboriginal heritage (confirmed markers in blood tests) and family rumor has it descending from the Hatch family in Moree.

The dates seem odd to me to. Any help or leads would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 18 October 14 23:17 BST (UK) »
Greetings and welcome, Rballaz

MI is monument/headstone inscription.

Good luck with your search.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline spruso

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 19 October 14 01:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Rballaz,

The Beavis' were a remote part of my Family History so i haven't gone a lot into them.  Good luck with your research.
Cheers
Spruso

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 19 October 14 02:01 BST (UK) »
.......about Elizabeth Mckenzie .......
I am a direct decendent  of their daughter Mary Jane Beavis b 1841. Mary married James Edward Hatch and had 12 children of which photos show some are dark. I am trying to track my Aboriginal heritage (confirmed markers in blood tests) and family rumor has it descending from the Hatch family in Moree.

I can see that Mary Jane BEAVIS married a James HATCH in 1857 and the marriage was registered at Parramatta.  (NSW BDM #2299).    This would be a very long journey from Moree to Parramatta in 1857.   There's quite a few probable birth registrations to the couple, but I did not notice any registrations for Moree.   

Are you suggesting that James Edward HATCH was his full name and that he has an Aboriginal heritage? 

http://www.cifhs.com/nswrecords/nswbdm.html
http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/_files/fhu/14%20NSW.pdf
http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/fhu/about.html

Add
http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/state-archives/guides-and-finding-aids/archives-relating-to-aboriginal-people/state-archives-relating-to-aboriginal-people
Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.