Author Topic: William Boyd 1881 Doagh  (Read 25675 times)

Offline diadhuit190

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Boyd 1881 Doagh
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 23 June 13 00:54 BST (UK) »
James Boyd and Jennet Kane had a son Robert (1849 - 27 Dec 1923) who married Martha Adams.  They six children, including two sons born c 1879: Arthur John and William John.  Their three older siblings were all born in Doagh and a younger sibling was baptized in Ballylinny Presbyterian Church.  I believe Wm John married someone named Maggie; Arthur John married Elizabeth Martin. Could one of these be your John?

We are still learning about this family, so it is possible there was a John b c1878 that we haven't yet found. 

Offline slonstedy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 17 March 14 22:53 GMT (UK) »
I'm just new to this site-but I found it searching for my Boyd's and Kane's.  I have a William Boyd to married Jane Kain/Kane/Cane.  They had 3 daughters; Margaret, Jane and Grace (all born Greenock Scotland) before Jane dies and William marries Mary McLaren in 1857 (Greenock Scotland).  I found the parent names (William and Jane) on the wedding cert's of the daughters Jane and Grace.  (That's why I've spelled the Kane name several ways) Can anyone point me in the correct direction for William and Jane Kane?  I have them in Antrim Ireland. Thanks!

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 07:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   9 Mar 1846 William Boyd married Jane Kain in Carncullagh Presbyterian Church, Ballymoney District Co. Antrim. The fathers' names were Thomas Boyd and Neal Kain.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline slonstedy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Kingskerswell--   :) Thank you!  I needed a door to open.  So many Thomas Boyds but I couldn't tell if he and William were related so I was nervous about going back that way.  Appreciate your reply-

Offline slonstedy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Boyd-Kain
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 29 May 14 01:13 BST (UK) »
My William Boyd was born in Ireland about 1825-1830 died 13 October 1897 in Greenock, Scotland. His father is Thomas Boyd a laborer and his mom is Margaret McNeil.  On March 9, 1946 William married Jane Kain (daughter of Neal Kain) in Carncullagh Presbyterian by Rev. J Bellis.  I have been looking back as much as i can and I am unable to find births for either William or Jane.  Also, I cannot locate any other records for Neal Kain. Is it possible that these early threads showing a James Boyd and Rachael Kain could be related to my two ancestors?  I also saw a reference to a Rev of the same church but by a different name- My spellings are all based on the information from the Ulster Historical record-