Author Topic: Thomas and Honora (nee HAYES) FULLER  (Read 3512 times)

Offline nesstaylor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas and Honora (nee HAYES) FULLER
« on: Thursday 26 January 12 04:16 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Fuller married Honora Hayes on 9 October 1825 in Dunmanway, Cork, Ireland.  I have information in regards to their children.  I am looking for information on Thomas and Honora's ancestors, eg. their parents, siblings and birth info.
Taylor, Grehan, Fuller, Blackwell

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas and Honora (nee HAYES) FULLER
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 January 12 14:54 GMT (UK) »
You may want to contact the Dunmanway Historical Society and/or Father Ted Collins, the parish priest.

Dunmanway is one of the few places I am aware of that has records that go back further than advertised.  From what I've heard about Father Ted he strikes me as a history enthusiast - I think Tommy Collins at the historical society has worked with him. 

If your email to the historical society does not get a reasonably quick response, pick up the phone and call and ask about the availability of church records earlier than 1818 and what would be the best way to go about asking for a search for those records.

I do not know what shape early Dunmanway records are in, but they typically need a date range narrowed down as the records can be difficult to search through.  RC churches might ask for a donation for searching through records.
PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BOARD, NOT THROUGH PM, so that everybody can take a shot at answering your question and benefit from the information.  I cannot respond to requests through private emails.

Barnane, Cahalane, Collins, Connolly, Driscoll, Hourihane, Hurley, Looney, McCarthy, Mahony, Sweeney, Young  in Skibbereen area of southwest County Cork, Ireland; Regan in RoaringWater bay area and in Caheragh parish

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 January 12 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked at this family on www.irishgenealogy.ie - their marriage and children are on it !

If you look at the sponsors at the baptisms there are a lot of Hayes mentioned who would most likely be siblings of Honora.

There is also an Angel Fuller mentioned - a possible sibling of Thomas ?

Tara

Offline nesstaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 February 12 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Tara and Skibbgirl

Skibbgirl you have given me a bit of direction.  Greatly appreciated.  I don't know much about researching Irish history, so thanks again.

Yes I have that information Tara.  Thanks

Offline Tony Fuller

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 May 13 03:14 BST (UK) »
Hello

I believe Thomas Fuller and Honora Hayes may be my 3xg grandparents. I have their children as Mary (1826), Thomas (1828), William (1830), George (1832), James (1833), Joseph (1836), Edward (1839), Ralph (1842), Robert (1846), and John (1849).

A Joseph and George Fuller lived next to each other in Kinneigh (next to Dunmanway) in Cork in 1853 (Griffiths Evaluation). Ellen Bryan also lived next door to George, who had the lease on property at Fort Robert, Kinneigh. My gg grandfather (b.1862), came to Christchurch, New Zealand in 1882 and he lists his parents as George Fuller and Ellen Bryan on his marriage certificate. The dates match up and the coincidence is very strong.

I would love to share information in my attempt to confirm Thomas and Honora as my ancestors.

Regards

Tony Fuller in New Zealand

Offline nesstaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 29 August 14 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony

Great to hear from you.  Apologies I have not replied sooner.  I am working fulltime and have little time to research.  Yes it would be great if we could confirm a connection.  I am originally from New Zealand, so will be interesting to see where the connection is.