Author Topic: 1885Information please? Old Kilpatrick  (Read 1360 times)

Offline cranstone

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1885Information please? Old Kilpatrick
« on: Thursday 20 March 14 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello

It is a cheek but would anyone have any left over vouchers that they wouldn't mind using to see if they could find a William Spence in Old Kilpatrick in 1885 please?  I think they are Electoral rolls or Registers or something like that on a certain site :)

(Added 19.3.2014 - Just found out Kilpatrick is in Dunbartonshire so have moved this message to the right county.)

He may be living as a lodger with a family at this time and would be about 20+ years of age or so.
He would be unmarried and may work for singer as a sewing machine man or a labourer or a Hammerman as we have found him doing these occupations.

Hope it's not too cheeky to ask someone to use their own vouchers but thank you if you can. :)

Kind regards and many thanks

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1885Information please? Old Kilpatrick
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 March 14 16:27 GMT (UK) »

1885   Tenant       SPENCE   WILLIAM   HOUSE YOKER   OLD KILPATRICK   DUNBARTON COUNTY

This all you get from the valuations no ages or other occupants.  He was a Blacksmith.

You owe me three credits for being cheeky ;)

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: 1885Information please? Old Kilpatrick
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 March 14 17:34 GMT (UK) »
 ::) Ahh...so you got what you needed in the end! www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=680537.0

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cranstone

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1885 Information please? Old Kilpatrick
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 March 14 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Don

Thank you very much for the information.  I wonder if he is our guy?  I read that a Hammerman (as we once knew he was) assisted a Blacksmith, so wonder if he would have called himself a Blacksmith then?  Hmm another one to guess at, guess it all adds to the chase of finally getting there doesn't it :)

Thank you for helping out with a really cheeky request

If there is anyone you are looking for and having trouble with please do not hesitate to ask and I will happily try and help out.

Once again thank you.

Kind regards