Author Topic: 1892 Marriage Lookup  (Read 5461 times)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1892 Marriage Lookup
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 18:03 BST (UK) »
GRONI online has a civil birth registered at Lisburn for an Alexander Jameson on 5 June 1864, the mother's maiden name is given as Gibson, but that clearly predates the marriage posted above. 

Here is what FamilySearch has:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F5YQ-1Z6

Offline Matt62

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 18:06 BST (UK) »
No, I'm afraid they don't.

You're into the territory of looking for civil births post 1864 or baptismal records before that.  In this case, since the marriage took place in 1892, there's a possibility of civil birth registration. The marriage record should include the fathers' occupations, which sometimes helps.

Edited to add:  Post any other information you have about them, eg. 1901 / 1911 census records (post the link to save us the bother)

Thank you for this info Gaffy  :) I'm so used primarily to Scottish records, this is very helpful.

Just noticed your edit: they were both living in Scotland by 1901/1911 (my great-great grandmother Ellen Jamieson was born in Glasgow in 1896).

Offline glensman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 19:47 BST (UK) »
The census search forms which were used to attempt to confirm old age pension entitlement, show a family of Spratts/Sprotts in the 1851 census in the townland of Kilkinamurry which I believe is close to Magherally.  The family includes a 10-year old Mary - so probably not the one who married in 1891 - but could be a connection:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/019e9/