Author Topic: John Thomas Barnes  (Read 8323 times)

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
Re: John Thomas Barnes
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 October 12 20:53 BST (UK) »
I think we will need the marriage certificate to be sure, there's also an unmarried John Thomas Barnes born 1871 Coningsby shown with his father John and sister Laura in the 1911 in North Kyme.  He's a joiner and farmer.

There's someone on A***try with a John Thomas Barnes on their tree, marriage to Rose etc., showing father Charles.

There is a death ref in Scunthorpe in April quarter 1950 with an estimated age of 74 at death, which gives the 1875/6 birth date.

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 October 12 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi many thanks to you for the prompt replies to my request for info on john thomas barnes, sorry for been so vague in my post thanks for the warm welcome, i have the info that youve all suggested i look at,but unfortunatly ive no way of confirming this is the correct information,i have no idea who his parents were,john thomas is my great grandfather, john thomas died on 3rd june 1950,in ashby scunthorpe,but unfortunatly i cant get his actual birth cert  hence my problem, i really need to find his parentage i think to confirm the info i already have,as for rose hannah she was born in June 1893 in scunthorpe,she is 17 years younger than john thomas,ive got loads of info on her and her family if anyone requires any, john and rose hannah marriage cert doesent have any of johns info on it about his family, the ancestry tree is one of my trees i have 2 trees,as for charles been his father ive found no info on this he stays in the local area never marrying and working on various farms till his death,so dont think hes thomas's dad really,but will do some more checking to make sure, i added charles and family from census 1881 to keep a connection to my tree,i have looked into the census 1881 and looked back throught the family just incase he is the correct one linked to it,but cant find any of that family having given birth to john thomas,ive contacted lincoln registrars but without his parents name they cant guarentee the right certificate,any other suggestions would be appreciated
Barnes,Driffill,Altoft,Thompson,Metcalfe,Owbridge,
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 October 12 21:25 BST (UK) »
Sorry Debs, thought you had locked the thread, so sent you a personal message.

However, to repeat, just one thought - if you have the marriage cert for John Thomas and Rose Hannah, and it doesn't give any details of John's father (is it just a blank, in the space for father?),
can you tell us who are the witnesses, as sometimes these can be a clue?

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 October 12 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hi mabel,
thanks yes ive got the info you have suggested,cant find any link other than john and sarah might be his grandparents in the census 1881,thanks debbie
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 04 October 12 08:14 BST (UK) »
There was a Sarah J BARNES aged 13 in the household in 1871 census ...

I can't find what happened to her.

Topics merged.
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 05 October 12 07:49 BST (UK) »
This is a long shot but on freereg there is a John Thomas Barnes baptised  County Lincolnshire
Place Folkingham
Church St Andrew
RegisterNumber 691
DateOfBirth 06 Sep 1871
BaptismDate 18 Aug 1878
Forename John Thomas
Sex M
FatherForename Thomas
MotherForename Charlotte
FatherSurname BARNES
MotherSurname 
Abode Folkingham
FatherOccupation laborer
Notes Ceremony performed by R T Sammons born Threekingham
FileNumber
Don't know if there is any connection
Chapman - Antrim/Liverpool
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 05 October 12 09:02 BST (UK) »
... unfortunatly i cant get his actual birth cert ...

Is this not him?

Births Dec 1875
BARNES    John Thomas         Caistor    7a   618
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 05 October 12 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hi igor,thanks for the suggestion yove sent me but unfortunatly i dont think this is the same family,as im fairly sure my john thomas seems to be born in caistor,and yes he died in ashby scunthorpe in june 1950 ive got that, and thats how i got his d.o.b as 1875,many thanks debbie

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 05 October 12 19:02 BST (UK) »
Hi geoff,yes thanks i think the john thomas youve given details of above, is the same as ive pencilled in as my john thomas,but because i dont have his parents names i cant confirm its him,unfortunatly there is another john thomas barnes born also in 1875 caistor,ive contacted the lincoln registrars but they cant confirm anything to me either,im thinking maybe il have to get both certs and try to work from them,unfortunatly hes put no info on his marriage cert about his parentage,any suggestions would be welcom of other avenues to go down,many thanks debbie