Author Topic: grigors from duffus/burghead/elgin  (Read 16431 times)

Offline The Mc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: grigors from duffus/burghead/elgin
« Reply #18 on: Monday 31 January 11 09:21 GMT (UK) »
The Grigors also under discussion herfe also.....

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,510158.0.html

Offline Ernest John

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 04 March 13 23:13 GMT (UK) »
THANKS FOR THE INFO, ARE THEY ALL GRIGORS & ARE ANY OF THEM STILL ALIVE.  GEORGE GRIGOR WAS MY GT GT GT GT GRANDADS SON, WOULD LIKE TO HAVE CONTACT IF POSSIBLE.

MY GT GRANDAD WAS BORN IN SANDYMOSS ROSEISLE.

THANKS MOIRA

Moiramount if Forfarins info is correct then my Great Great Grandfather Archibald Forsyth Grigor born 1,June 1833 and married to Beatrice Riach Leslie is the son of George Grigor and Elizebeth Forsyth. I have no information on George Grigor , his wife or his ancestors. It would seem your Gt,Gt,Gt,Gt Grandfather is also a Gt,Gt,Gt,Gt Grandfather of mine. If its ok with you I would love to know his name and any other names you might be willing to share concerning these lines. Thank you
Regards, Ernest John

Offline Ernest John

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 04 March 13 23:21 GMT (UK) »
anyone out there related to the grigors from duffus

Not actually related, but Archibald Grigor, born 1833 in College of Roseisle, Duffus, parents George Grigor and Elizabeth Forsyth, married a relative of mine, Beatrice Leslie, in Elgin in 1861. They later emigrated to the USA and I have some contact with descendants.

Forfarian
Hello Forfarian, I am Beatrice Riach Leslie's (born 16 april 1833 died 3, August 1895) G.G. Grandson and would like to know if you know who her parents and family are ? if you would be willing to share this information with me I sure would appreciate it. thank you
regards, Ernest John

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 25 April 19 17:50 BST (UK) »
Crikey, this was six years ago and it looks as if I missed your posts, Ernest John! I am very sorry because usually I get a notification to any reply to a thread I've contributed to. Hope it's better late than never.

Yes, Archibald's parents were George Grigor and Elizabeth Forsyth, and Beatrice was the daughter of Robert Leslie and Elisa or Beatrice Riach. Robert Leslie was the cousin of my several-greats-grandfather.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.