Author Topic: Clergy of Church of England Database  (Read 102707 times)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Clergy of Church of England Database
« Reply #72 on: Monday 02 September 13 13:40 BST (UK) »
Can't see the earlier two but in 1865 George William Guest seems to be in York.  Address Heworth Rd.
St John's College, Cambridge BA in 1853, MA 1857 Deac 1854 Pr 1855 by Bishop of Manchester.  Min. Can of York Cathedral 1862.  R of All Saints, North St York, Formerly C of St Stepehns Salford 1854 and Sutton on the Hill 1856.  P C of Derwent 1859

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 02 September 13 14:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that :) really appreciate it. I've no idea how to get info on the others :/
TASKER Oxfordshire, EATON Oxfordshire, WIGGANS Lancs, GIFFORD Lancs, PARK Lancs, COTTAM Lancs, BECK Lancs, WINSTANLEY Lancs/Cheshire, VARLEY Garstang/Lancs, NEWTON Preston/Lancs, WOODHOUSE Halton, ECCLES Preston, SCRAGG Oxford/Preston, LAKE/LEAKE/LEAK/LEEK! Preston, WILDING Longton, Lancs, GREEN Bilston/Wolverhampton, JACKSON Bilston/Albrighton, FISH Blackburn/Lancs, WHARTON Lancs

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 10:12 BST (UK) »
At later dates you are best consulting Crockfords
CCED is for earlier dates
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 10:46 BST (UK) »
I can't find either of the earlier two on the CCED :( this most recent mention of a 'Guest' is 1790 so the first one falls under that but no mention of him and his son was only born 1795 so seems to fall inbetween!
TASKER Oxfordshire, EATON Oxfordshire, WIGGANS Lancs, GIFFORD Lancs, PARK Lancs, COTTAM Lancs, BECK Lancs, WINSTANLEY Lancs/Cheshire, VARLEY Garstang/Lancs, NEWTON Preston/Lancs, WOODHOUSE Halton, ECCLES Preston, SCRAGG Oxford/Preston, LAKE/LEAKE/LEAK/LEEK! Preston, WILDING Longton, Lancs, GREEN Bilston/Wolverhampton, JACKSON Bilston/Albrighton, FISH Blackburn/Lancs, WHARTON Lancs

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 19:01 BST (UK) »
Have you tried googling?   Wilbraham Bootle Guest shows up in various combinations of the name including a google book for Alumni Cantabrigienses.

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 19:14 BST (UK) »
I thought I had (?) but maybe not if you've seen something I've not seen! Will get onto that one! ;)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 02:42 BST (UK) »
The webite the for Clergy database doesn't seem to be working at the moment (today at least). Does anyone know where else I can find info on members of the clergy in the 17th and 18th century (to early 19th)? I have found two ancestors on this database already and also found they were educated at Oxford so have info from the Oxford Alumni about them but I would like to know more if possible.

The names I am interest in are Huson (or Hewson) and Ryall in Dorset. I will post more info on exact dates etc tomorrow.

Thanks in adavance for any help

Matt

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 07:18 BST (UK) »
It is working today
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline walkerpete

• RootsChat Senior
  • Derbyshire Tup
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Friday 08 July 16 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hello

Not sure if the services offered on this page are still available as it is quite some time since anyone seems to have posted here.

I am looking for any information on a Reverend J Jordan, presumed to be C of E clergyman, who had some contact with US servicemen of the 446th Bomb Group at Flixton near Bungay Suffolk around 1943. From a fuzzy photo of that time the Rev. appears to possibly be in his  mid 50s to 60s.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Pete

Walker- Tideswell  DBY
Conboy - Greagh LET
Wilson - Bradfield WRY
Prior  - LET
Sanderson - WRY
Graham - GLS
Such - GLS
Moffatt - LND
Hudson - KEN DOR
Prebble - KEN
Ling - SFK