Author Topic: Wills brothers kia WW1 - help needed please  (Read 3157 times)

Offline las camelias

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
    • View Profile
Re: Wills brothers kia WW1 - help needed please
« Reply #18 on: Monday 27 October 14 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Looby,

I am OPC for 7 parishes in Wiltshire.  Just over 2 years ago I did some research into the names on the war memorials/plaques etc in each parish and, at that time, was at least able to give each name 'an 'identity.'  Now I am revisiting and adding much more information. 

I didn't really think these two boys would be in Scotland in 1911, but you have to chase every angle - Alfred was working for the Countess of Moray - she was probably Scottish - so close!

By the way, the Alfred Wills service record attached to a tree on Ancestry - I've contacted the tree owner; he was very surprised to hear that Alfred and Wm are on a plaque in a Wiltshire church!  We are going to talk again as soon as he lands (on flight somewhere in N.Zealand at the moment).  As an OPC I get involved in all sorts of stuff but have made so many friends over the past 6 years, real and virtual -  love it.

Happy Days.  LC

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wills brothers kia WW1 - help needed please
« Reply #19 on: Monday 27 October 14 16:41 GMT (UK) »
[/qI didn't really think these two boys would be in Scotland in 1911, but you have to chase every angle - Alfred was working for the Countess of Moray - she was probably Scottish - so close!

The  Countess  was born  Gertrude  Floyer  Smith  in  Dorset  .   daughter  of   the Rector  of Tarrant Rushton