Author Topic: Anthony Perrier JP  (Read 55351 times)

Offline twitter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Perrier JP
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 12:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your response LORC. There is much to read and I am going through it however ; nothing yet but will continue. Is there any folklore in the family regarding trading/ business in the Belfast/ Carrickfergus area i.e. ship building or linen production. Just a guess based on what I have read so far that may have brought people together who would not normally have ever met? Speculation only. If I discover anything I will be in touch, again thanks to all.
Twitter
scotland-sinclair, woodburn, crozier, shearer
ireland- kildare-murphy
northern ireland-giffen

Offline LORC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 21:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your response LORC. There is much to read and I am going through it however ; nothing yet but will continue. Is there any folklore in the family regarding trading/ business in the Belfast/ Carrickfergus area i.e. ship building or linen production. Just a guess based on what I have read so far that may have brought people together who would not normally have ever met? Speculation only. If I discover anything I will be in touch, again thanks to all.
Twitter
  Julius Caesar Benard had large,.  linen factory in Douglas, Cork, manufacturing sail cloth.Business declined when steam  ships took over from sail. Besnards mainly went to Australia. See my website.

Lorc
RADLEY  LINDSEY  ARMSTRONG BESNARD BEECHER/BECHER  WARREN CROOKE NASH LEAHY BARRY  COOPER  .JERVOIS  BALDWIN.  LEADER....CORK

Offline Harla Batinovic

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 01 February 16 23:36 GMT (UK) »
I am looking at the information here and notice that awall mentioned that Maria Frances Clarke was the sister of Thomas Clarke (1834-1911) m. 1865 to Elizabeth Ruddell.  Then it was stated that she was the daughter of William Clarke and Eliza Travers.  I have had a look at this Elizabeth Barbara Travers and she married a William Henry St. Lau(w)rence Clarke (1801-1877).  They did not have a daughter named Maria Frances Clarke. Therefore neither of these are the offsprings of Travers-Clarke fame.

The William (1803-1884) in William and Sons Tobacconist was married (1832) to Elizabeth McCarthy (abt 1802-1887). 

I can believe that Thomas (1834-1911) and Maria Frances Clarke were siblings though I don't have information on the rest of the Clarke family.

Maria Frances Clarke married William Lumley Perrier Jr.  They are my 4th Great Grand Parents.
Their two daughters, Katherine Lumley Perrier m. Thomas Arthur Clarke and Elizabeth Lumley Perrier m. Ernest Joseph Clarke (their first cousins).  My line is from their first born daughter, Antoinette Frances Perrier.

If anyone has more information on the Clarke Family from William Clarke (1803-1884), I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Harla (one of the Victoria cousins, David mentions later).

To "woodchurch":
concerning the cousin connections of (Capt)Thomas Arthur Clarke who married Katherine Lumley Perrier as well as Ernest Joseph Clarke who married Elizabeth Lumley Perrier:

Katherine and Elizabeth Perrier's mother was Maria France Clarke, daughter of Sir William Clarke and Eliza Travers and sister to Thomas Clarke of the Imperial Tobacco Company of Allerton Hall Liverpool and Farran House, father to Capt Thomas and Ernest.
Maria Frances Clarke married on 16-4-1868 William Lumley Perrier Junior; they lived at Maryborough  House and at Ballinure House.

We have a photograph made in 1896 of Maria Frances Perrier nee Clarke with her 11 children, including Katherine (Kitty) and Elizabeth.

Capt. Thomas and Kitty had 2 daughters, Lizette and Norah.  Descendants of Lizette live in Carrigaline.
Ernest and Elizabeth had no children.

Offline Ger Conn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hello, I've been following the Perrier thread with interest. I am not a family member but am working voluntarily on the history of historical houses in the Mahon, Ballinure and Blackrock areas of Cork city for a community publication, as I live nearby.

The grounds of the Nagle Community College now stand on the old Perrier house, there appears to be some old Orchard walls still there along with some of the trees, and we are wondering if any family member or anyone has a photograph of Ballinure House. Or indeed of Sir Anthony or Sir David to go with a short article on the history of the Big House........many thanks.   

Offline ckmod

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 27 June 20 08:08 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am in awe I have just found this thread. I am a descendant of David Perrier who came to Australia in 1828, so I am finding all this information extremely helpful to my research, I would love to get in touch with those researching the Perrier line. I have a high resolution image of David Perrier's petition to the Sovereign Assembly of France.

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 29 June 20 20:00 BST (UK) »

I can't believe I was helping out on this thread and have recently discovered that I have a dna match
to Perrier.   I also have a common match with the Booth surname too.  Another thread on here about Booth & Fox which I responded to without realising I have a dna match to the poster!

Small world.

Mary
Celtic Liberty
Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,

Offline jude de angulo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 06 November 22 04:27 GMT (UK) »
mr AP jp, thank you for this astounding letter. I m researching the life of Sir Edmund Nagle ( who I believe CS Forester used to write much of his Hornblower novels, and Ben Elton & Richard Curtis used to write Blackadder the 3rd)  This letter is very revealing. May I quote it in toto in my novel about the real Blackadder/Hornblower?