Author Topic: Frederick James Henry brown motor body maker Tunbridge Wells  (Read 5524 times)

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick James Henry brown motor body maker Tunbridge Wells
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 August 14 13:41 BST (UK) »
I found directory listings for Frederick's place of residence; 1942 to 1959at "Meldon" Shestnut Ave., Southborough T.Wells; 1964-1981 at 159a St Johns Road,Southborough T. Wells. No indication of what his profession was.

Could not find any records of any children born to Frederick and Helen but someone else might have better luck.

Regarding his former partner John Henry Gibson, born 1866 Winterton,Lincolnshire I am not sure who his parents are The 1881 census has as head of home Samuel Gibson born 1830 Barton.Lincolnshire with wife Ann Susanah born 1841 London along with 3 children, a mother in law Susannah Wallis, a nepher John Wilson Sharratt b1865 Bradford,Yourkshire and JOHN HENRY GIBSON,age 15, born 1866 Winterton an apprentice but although he has the same surname as Samuel the census does not say how he is related to Samuel. John married Charlotte Amelia Malpass 4th qtr 1893 at Ticehurst,Sussex.The 1911 census taken in Tunbridge Wells gives her born 1867 Hurst Green Sussex and living with John Henry Gibson and Johns nephew Frederick Brown. Can someone confirm for me who the parents of John Henry Gibson were please.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 August 14 14:04 BST (UK) »
I have confirmed that Helena was Frederick's wife. Interestingly she was cremated at the Kent & Sussex Crematorium as Helena Myra WORDEN Brown Oct 8,1985, the same place as Frederick. Note the difference of Worden vs Warlow in cremation and marriage records.

Warlow was from census records pre marriage -could be a misranscription -will take a further look

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 August 14 14:14 BST (UK) »
It seems the name is Worden - not from census - image difficult to read - but think these are \helena's parents
Marriage reg FreeBMD
Jun qtr 1896
Oakhampton
on same page
William Luxton
Helena Mary Worden

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline honeysucklebumble

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 September 14 20:36 BST (UK) »
I can confirm the Helena Myra Worden Brown was the wife of Frederick James Henry Brown of Tunbridge Wells. They had two children.
Helena was known as Myra and died in Hellingly Hospital in East Sussex.
Frederick had the Gibson and Brown coachbuilding business in Camden Road until the mid 1960's until he retired.
If you want any other details about the family let me know.

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 September 14 22:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for your input-very useful!