Author Topic: PATTINSON FAMILY (Guisborough)  (Read 8829 times)

Offline Soureau

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: PATTINSON FAMILY (Guisborough)
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 25 November 07 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the local link - I'll certainly give it a try later, when hopefully it will be operational again.

As you seem to be a mine of census info, perhaps you wouldn't mind seeing if you could find for me - in the earlier censuses -:

William PATTINSON B.1805 in Skelton by Guisborough, who married Elizabeth WALKER 29.04.1823 in Guisborough.

It's possible that you won't find William, as I suspect he died somewhere between 1828 and 1840, as I think Elizabeth re-married John SUDDICK in 1840.

I've found 3 children for William & Elizabeth, 1824, 1826 and 1828, all in Guisborough, but it seems to stop then. William was, in principle, the father of Thomas aged 47 (wife Ellen) whom you noted in the 1871 census.

Do you know if there is any access on-line to Guisborough records by any chance ?

Thanks very much for your help,

Nick

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 November 07 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Only on-line PRs I could see are at the Cleveland Fam.Hist.Site, nonconformists, and the only Pattinson baptisms were at Guisborough Wesleyan:
PATTINSON Emily parents Matthew & Elizabeth  Guisborough 1869 Jan 18 bpt Guisborough
PATTINSON Sarah Elizabeth parents Robert & Frances Guisborough 1881 May 23 bpt Guisborough

1841 census HO107/1255/10 fol.44 p.10
Belmangate, Guisborough
John Suddick 40 Shoe M J   Y
Elizabeth "    40                  Y
Thomas Pattinson 15 Painter App.  Y

John Suddick married Elizabeth Pattison (without the n)
Sep Qu Guisborough 1840 24/313

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Soureau

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 November 07 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you once again for your input.

You have confirmed the 1841 Census info in my possession, and added a couple of details I didn't have.

The Pattinsons weren't non-conformists, and certainly weren't Weslyan, however, and the baptisms you gave me in this context don't correspond with the lines I have, I'm afraid. I have a Robert Pattinson, but he was definitely married to an Emma Walker.
No Mathew though.

I can't thank you enough for all your trouble and time. It's greatly appreciated. I'm going to digest all of this and take a fresh look at things. There may be further questions !

Nick

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 November 07 23:01 GMT (UK) »
I wasn't suggesting they had to be non-conformists  :) just telling you which records were online (and it's always worth exploring all avenues, I find).

While the website is down, you could always try contacting Guisborough register office direct about the two later marriages, details of address etc on here:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/029n/

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Soureau

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 26 November 07 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Good morning,

I didn't really think you were suggesting they were non-conformists, simply stating a fact ! I totally agree that it's worth exploring all avenues, I often do try just that. Curiously enough I have a Weslyan preacher in the family, but on my paternal grandmother's side, who came from Durham - but that's another story !

Your link to the Guisborough Register Office and surrounding areas looks very useful, although some Offices seem to have the possibility to search on-line and others don't. Many thanks for this invaluable piece of info, which should enable me to get some certificates at last !

On the subject of Censuses, would it be a lot to ask if you can find the 1841 record for Robert WRIGHT & Ann (née GOLDSBROUGH) ?

He was born in Osmotherley in 1821 and she was born in Hornby in 1821 also I think. In 1841 they should have had their first child, James b. 1839 in Great Smeaton.

Many many thanks,

Nick

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 26 November 07 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nick,

Will have a look shortly, meanwhile, glad to report that Tees valley indexes is up and running again
http://www.middlesbrough-indexes.co.uk/search.php
so you can now access bmds for Guisborough, Middlesbrough etc for 1837-date all from this site.  You can order certs directly through this site too, just click on the link at the side of the bmd details

Barbara

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 26 November 07 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Interesting one this!  Will give you the other Goldsboroughs as they may be related:

1841 HO107/1234/14 fol. p.1
Smeaton Village, Hornby, Appleton Wiske, Yorkshire

Mary Goldsbro'  40  Ind                   N
Catharine  "      20                           Y
Henry        "      20  Carpenter App  Y
Thomas     "      12                           Y
//

same page:
Geo. Goldsbrough  60  Tailor   Y
Jane Goldsbrough  55              N
James Goldsbrough  2               Y
Robt. Wright           20 Tailor App  Y
Robt. Rumford  15  Tailor App   Y
Isabella Elwood 14  F. S.          Y

not sure where Ann was, will look further, but they didn't marry until Sept Qu 1841 Darlington 24/30  Ann GOULDSBROUGH to Robert Wright
Darlington register office has its own online search and order system:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/029o/

There is a birth reg for James Wright 1839 March qu Northallerton 24/379 which might fit

Barbara

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 26 November 07 12:06 GMT (UK) »
This may be Ann in 1841:

HO107/303/23 fol.10 p.15
Mount Pleasant, Darlington, Durham

Mary E.J. OBrien 70  Ind.     Ireland
John Douthwaite 45 F. S.     Y   (think this should be M.S. male servant!)
Ann Goldsbraugh 20 F. S.     No

Barbara  :)

Offline Soureau

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 26 November 07 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon Barbara,

Good news about the website on-line again. I shall have a look at it very shortly.

Many thanks for the 1841 Census on the GOLDSBROUGH family ! George & Jane (née METCALF) were the parents of Ann, Robert WRIGHT her husband, and James their first child.

I know that they didn't marry until after James's birth, as I have a contact with one of the family descendants who confirmed this to me. However, there is a question mark on the date of marriage, as I have found a record for 16.08.1842 in Darlington. I'll have to check their records on the link you gave me. The birth registration you found is the one I think.

It's feasible that your second posting could be Ann, missing from the first, although I don't know what the connection might be with Mary O'Brien or John Douthwaite. Interesting one.

You've been more than helpful ! Merci beaucoup !

Nick