Author Topic: Filip Brljevich  (Read 7962 times)

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Filip Brljevich
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 00:48 GMT (UK) »
Quote from: monke
Mate Brljevich was born in Momići, village near Metkovic but it was under a different parish

Hello...

Thanks for the info regarding Metković being the wrong parish. In my defence, it was an easy mistake to make as the distance between Momići and Metković would be little more than two miles.

So I'm hoping you know the right parish. Which one of the other eight hundred-ish Croatian parishes on Family Search should we be looking at.

If you're unsure you could maybe email the Archives in Metković and ask for suggestions

Sabirni arhivski centar Metković-Opuzen-Ploče
http://www.dad.hr/kontakt.php

-----

The 2011 Census of Croatia gives the population of Momići as only 205 people. Have you considered writing a letter to one or two of the ten BRLJEVIĆs the Croatian White Pages currently list as living in Momići. There's a fairly good chance that at least one of the ten shares a common ancestor with the people you seek.

Hrvatski Telekom
http://imenik.tportal.hr/?lang=en

-----

One of the Momići BRLJEVIĆs is quite active on Facebook. He seems to be in his late twenties or thirties so probably a bit too young to be interested in genealogy but if you make contact he may well pass on your contact details to an older relative.

I'll PM you his Facebook contact details.

You've nothing to lose by trying the Facebook route. As long as your message is short, polite and (I'm guessing) in Croatian you should receive an equally short but hopefully helpful reply.

-----

Quote from: monke
Mate came back to Europe

I'm trying to find out as much as possible about his life in New Zealand...

I hope I'm proven wrong but I don't think you're going to find too much more other than that which has already been mentioned in this thread. Mate seems to have left a very small paper trail.

Hopefully Filip might turn up somewhere. He seems a bit more find-able.

But if you want info on their parents/siblings/offspring I think you need to go back to the source, namely Croatia.

Regards
Beg

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 06:41 GMT (UK) »
And I forgot to mention :)

You didn't comment in your reply but can I repeat what I said yesterday....

You really should start a new thread asking for a look-up of the probate file for Ante BRLJEVICH.

BRLJEVICH Ante - Kaitaia - Retired
http://archway.archives.govt.nz/ViewFullItem.do?code=954351

And while you're at it ask for his wife's file too...

BRLJEVICH Katica
http://archway.archives.govt.nz/ViewFullItem.do?code=1192873

Some kind Rootschatter will visit Auckland Archives on your behalf, take photos of the files and then email them to you. There's no guarantee it will help but you never know.

-----

And as suggested it's possible, if not quite likely, that Ante and Filip are brothers. So as a final resort you might think of purchasing a printout of Ante's 1964 death certificate. It may well mention his parents. If not, it will certainly mention his marriage details as his widow would have supplied them. From this you can hunt down their  marriage certificate which should supply details of Ante's and Filip's parents, assuming Ante and Filip are brothers.

Regards
Beg

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 02:29 GMT (UK) »
The Ivan Stepe Brljevich who is buried in Waikumete had never married,he was born in ORAH Vgorac Yugoslavia,his parents were Ante Brljevich and Matia (M.S. Vidavich) and he had lived in NZ 54 years.

Cheers Janette

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 20 March 14 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Quote from: Janette
The Ivan Stepe Brljevich who is buried in Waikumete had never married,he was born in ORAH Vgorac Yugoslavia,his parents were Ante Brljevich and Matia (M.S. Vidavich) and he had lived in NZ 54 years.

Cheers Janette

Hi Janette...

Are you able to find similar information from the burial record of the Ante BRLJEVICH d.1964 who is buried in Kaitaia cemetery.

Far North District Council
http://www.fndc.govt.nz/search/search-cemetery-record

Thanks
Beg

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 21 March 14 00:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Beg,I have just emailed the FD asking for help

Cheers Janette

Offline monke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Jesus is The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 23 March 14 07:56 GMT (UK) »
Can somebody maybe get scanned original document of Mate Brljevich's naturalization from the archives ??

Thanks

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 23 March 14 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Can somebody maybe get scanned original document of Mate Brljevich's naturalization from the archives ??

Thanks

Hi Monke

If you'd like to get a copy of the naturalisation record (by way of a volunteer who is visiting the Wellington Archives), then you'll need to start another thread (on this board) with that request.  :)

~  Lu

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 23 March 14 20:16 GMT (UK) »
I have just received a reply from the FD in Kaitaia who says their records don't go back that far

Cheers Janette

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 23 March 14 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Monke - the following is all I am able to see in relation to Mate BRLJEVICH in New Zealand :

New Zealand Naturalisations

BRLJEVICH - Mate
Birth date - abt. 1883
Birthplace :   Metkovich, Dalmatia
Former Nationality :  Austrian
Residence:   Wade
Nat. Date :   19 January 1911
Cert. #   55   /  Reg. page :  106

Monke, you'll need also to include above details in your look-up request.   ;)

~  Lu