Author Topic: Thomas Powell (or Powel) born around 1808 Llanfihangel Nant Bran  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Llanfihangel

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Rootschat and the Library of Wales..... Superb!
    • View Profile
Thomas Powell (or Powel) born around 1808 Llanfihangel Nant Bran
« on: Tuesday 23 July 13 21:47 BST (UK) »
I have the following information on Thomas Powell born about 1808, living at Coedcadu farm in 1841 with Giles Powell, in Llanfihangel Nant Bran

Thomas Powell (Powel), age 30 living with Giles Powell, age 85, at Coedcadu,  Llanfihangel Nant Bran in 1841 Census.
Church records in Llandeilo’r Fan: both referring to Thomas Powell of Coedcadu...
Father of Ann Powel  (illegitimate daughter of Jane Williams) baptized January 31 1841
Anne Powel  (5 months old) was living with Roderick Williams’ family at Draindion Llandeilo’r Fan in 1841 and as a servant age 10 in 1851.
Father of Elizabeth Powell (illegitimate daughter of Esther Griffiths) baptized November 9 1836
Elizabeth Powell was 5 years old living with Evan and Gwen Pugh’s family at Glanrhyd, LLandeilo’r fan in 1841. She was living as a House Servant (15 years old) with William and Mary Price’s family at Maesbeddau, Llanfihangel Nant Bran in 1951.
Thomas Powell is described as a Retired Farmer living in Llanfaes,  Brecon: father of Elizabeth Powell in the certificate of her marriage to Samuel Pugh in 1860.
There is an 1871 record of a Thomas Powell, Farmer, age 63 living in Llanfaes, Brecon, married to Mary Powell age 52, Thomas Powell was born in Llanfihangel Nant Bran and Mary in Llandewifereddau, Cardigan.
There is an 1891 Census record of a Thomas Powell age 76 living with his wife Alice Powell age 72 and daughter Ann Powell age 33 at Tynberllan (?) Llanfihagel Nant Bran. They were all born in Llanfihangel Nant Bran.
I can’t find any records of Thomas Powell between 1841 and 1860. Can anyone help me find more about him, and if he was, in fact, the son of Giles Powell of Coedcadu?
 :)
 :) :) :)
Pugh, Powell, Williams, Maddox, Prosser

Offline Llanfihangel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Powell (or Powel) born around 1808 Llanfihangel Nant Bran
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 September 13 02:08 BST (UK) »
I contacted the Library of Wales and they found the BT record of "Thos son of Chiles and Sis Powel" baptised February 10, 1806 Llanfihangel Nant Bran Parish Church.
I assume the parents were Giles and Cicely Powel, Coed Ca Du,

Thanks to All....
 llanfi :) :)

Offline Llanfihangel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Powell (or Powel) born around 1808 Llanfihangel Nant Bran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 September 13 02:11 BST (UK) »
I found that it was Giles and Cecilia Powel, (not Cecily)

Llanfi 8)