Author Topic: John Raymond Tuite  (Read 8048 times)

Offline billcraig

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Raymond Tuite
« on: Monday 17 March 14 23:08 GMT (UK) »
John Tuite was said to be the son of Dr Thomas Tuite of Mullingar (This is from the Greenwood section of "Update of BURKE'S Landed Gentry, 18th Edn. Vol.1 (1965) pp.338 to 343."

(3) Valerie Florence Eunice, b. 3 April, 1891, m. 29 April, 1915, John Raymond Tuite, widower, son of Dr. Thomas Tuite, of Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, Ireland, and d. 5 Dec. 1932, having had issue, one son.)

I cannot find a John with father Thomas about this date in Mullingar or nearby. I can find one in Borris where the father, Thomas, is a farmer and a Roman Catholic.

Does anyone have any information on the parents/birth place of John?

Note that John died in 1945 in Droitwich, Worcestershie so he may not have given this information. Someone might be trying to change the past.

Bill Craig

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: John Raymond Tuite
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 March 14 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi

When was he born according to Burkes as his death reg shows 1878

What was the P for - his death reg shows John Raymond P Tuite

Have you checked the Irish 1901 and 1911  http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 March 14 23:23 GMT (UK) »
There is an entry on the 1911 English census for him - have you viewed it to establish his birthyear and birthplace
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 March 14 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Probate shows him as John Raymond Patrick otherwise John Raymond died 29.12.1945 at Ronswood Hospital home address 36 Sansome Walk Worcs

Probate 20.6.1946 to his widow Eleanor Elizabeth - effects £204 17s 7d

Second wife Valerie died 1932

Offline billcraig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi - yes you are correct in all you have found out. I have detailed information about him from the time he came to England and joined the Post Office. I am interested however in his true birthplace and parents. In census he says he was a Borris resident . Borris is in Carlow. This fits in with the farmer father, Thomas, who also had a son Patrick.

John Raymond Tuite has a chequered history which calls into question whether he was telling the truth  at any time.

Bill

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Several trees have varying info - 2 have him as the death in Yorkshire in 1944 aged 75 so birthyear approx 1869

Others like yourself have his death in Worcs in 1945 aged 67 so birthyear 1878

Neither death entry shows full second christian name so looks like some assumptions have been made with the Yorkshire death

Offline billcraig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 15:32 GMT (UK) »
The Yorkshire death/tree is John Richard Tuite who was born in Yorkshire and died there. I informed the owner of the tree and sent him/her the will of John Raymond but no change yet. Lots of resistance to correcting errors. Ages in Census returns I take as guidance only, especially with John Raymond Tuite.

Bill

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Family Search birth and baptisms 1620 to 1881 has a birth for a John Tuite 9th June 1874 son of Thomas Tuite and Elizabeth Doyle in Borris,Carlow some siblings as well.

Offline billcraig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Well spotted. Yes that is the birth I am trying to confirm for John. I have the list of siblings and the census for 1901 and 1911. I  found the marriage of Thomas to Eliza Doyle, although it doesn't help me to confirm my John Raymond is the son of Thomas and Eliza.
Thomas Tuite, "Ireland Marriages, 1619-1898"
Name:    Thomas Tuite
Spouse's Name:   Elizabeth Doyle
Event Date:    06 Feb 1864
Event Place:    Borris,Carlow,Ireland
Father's Name:   Patrick Tuite
Spouse's Father's Name:   Edward Doyle
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:   
Indexing Project (Batch) Number:   M70230-3
System Origin:    Ireland-ODM
GS Film number:   101454

I am a little wary as the birth record for John does not  show the name Raymond, nor Patrick. It is possible that John altered his name slightly in England to reduce the Irish connection e.g. he might have been born Ronan or similar (I found one but didn't seem to fit). The fact the family was R Catholic was a bit of a surprise.

I thought the Post Office joining record for John might give some clue but very basic info only.

Bill

I have started to try to trace the families of the siblings but not got anywhere yet.

There is