Author Topic: INDIA: SHADWELL and INGLIS in Durgapore  (Read 21462 times)

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
Re: INDIA: SHADWELL and INGLIS in Durgapore
« Reply #63 on: Friday 10 January 14 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrea,

It looks as though Judy hasn't been on site since 2012 so I don't know if she'll get your message. There's the possibility that one of her correspondants here may have her email address. We are not allowed to post email addresses on the public forum so you will need to make one more post so that you can use the private message facility here, (it's the little green icon under your user name) which will enable someone to pass the info on - if they have her details. She used to be a member of my Yahoo group for Durgapur before I closed the group down last year and lost my email contacts on there in the process! Hopefully, someone will come up with contact details for you.

Tony

Added. I think Judy's married name is private information removed by moderator
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 10 January 14 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrea,

Further to the above, I think I may have found Judy's email address!  :o

As above, you will have to make one more post sothat I can send it to you via a Personal/Private Message. ( Just a simple answer to these messages would take you to the required three posts)

Tony
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline Kit1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 21 February 14 10:19 GMT (UK) »
I know this is an old post but I'm hoping someone will see it. Does anyone know who Blanche Adelaide Hampton married the first time and where? I know it was to Mr Fritschy but I can't find a marriage.
TIA

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 22 February 14 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kit1,

Found this information on FamilySearch:-

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/9W27-QWJ

Unfortunately, not much to go on as there is no first name given for the husband (Fritschy), or where and when the marriage took place.

Judy, who started this thread hasn't been active on the site since 2012 so, unless someone else comes up with anything, you seem to be at a brick wall! Have you checked for a marriage on Ancestry?

Sorry I can't help much but, hopefully, someone will pick up on the thread with more info.

Tony

Offline Kit1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 22 February 14 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Tony. No I haven't tried ancestry yet.  There is nothing on the findmypast's British India Office Records.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 10 March 14 11:59 GMT (UK) »

Hello there,

I am sorry to say that it does look like Judy is having problems with receiving her email address. Any emails that do not reach the user are always investigated by RootsChat to make sure that they get through to the users  :)

Tony if you have found an alternative email address for Judy we would appreciate it if you could forward to me by Private Message this would help Judy be aware of any new replies to new posts.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Karen Marlyn Syiem

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Monday 30 October 23 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Reading through the trail of mails here I saw a familiar name 'Clifford Shadwell'. Upon enquiry with my uncle and aunts it turns out he was my great grandfather. I am a descendant of his through his son John Bird Shadwell's second marriage. Thankyou Londoner2 for listing down my family tree from my fathers side of the family.

Karen

Offline Londoner2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Monday 08 April 24 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen.
I hope it is OK to list your tree?
I have a dna match with Alicia Reade, who has people in her family tree with the name Syiem.