Author Topic: MADDEN & LATEGAN SURNAMES  (Read 9763 times)

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MADDEN & LATEGAN SURNAMES
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 March 14 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Where can I get a copy of these documents, these may reveal a skeleton in the family cupboard. Bernard I think was my grandfather, Am interested that he was obviously married to Jocelyn in 1936, however my father was born in 1933, his mother was Marjorie Thompson.

For no other reason, but just for interest I see that Jocelyn did not have a very good record when it came to marriages!

DEPOT     KAB                                                                   
SOURCE    CSC                                                                   
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
VOLUME_NO 2/1/1/1580                                                           
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 292                                                                   
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          ILLIQUID CASES. RESTITUTION OF CONJUGAL RIGHTS. COLIN CAMPBELL       
           HARRISON VERSUS JOCELYN FRANCIS HARRISON, BORN LATEGAN, FORMERLY     
           MADDEN.                                                             
STARTING  19480000                                                             
ENDING    19480000     
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Gail Madden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 28 March 14 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Michael James  must be a common first name for the Maddens, as my dad Michael James born 1933 is alive and well at 80 years old, now  living in Queensland Australia. I have an extract of my gransfathers birth certificate. How do I go about getting a copy of the original?

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 March 14 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Michael James  must be a common first name for the Maddens, as my dad Michael James born 1933 is alive and well at 80 years old, now  living in Queensland Australia. I have an extract of my gransfathers birth certificate. How do I go about getting a copy of the original?

So sorry about that :( 

I know that copies of many baptismal records have been scanned and are on line through familysearch, but I have no idea where you would get a copy of the original birth certificate.  As far as I know you can only obtain an extract.  Possibly someone with better knowledge of this could help.

Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Gail Madden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 09 August 14 10:23 BST (UK) »
Have contacted Cape & Tvl archives and wawiting reply...got WW1 records of James Bernard Madden with signature and waiting to verify with Madden/Lategan marriage certificate. To untrained eye both signatures from same person!

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 09 August 14 19:04 BST (UK) »
Do you know where and when they were married?  If so it might be possible to find a copy of their marriage certificate on familysearch.
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Gail Madden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 07:19 BST (UK) »
The tombstone does not belong to my father  Michael James Madden born 1933. My dad is still alive and well and living in Queensland Australia. I have however got a copy of James Bernards WW1 records and the signature these closely resembles that on the marriage certificate mentioned in the first post above. The signatures are very similar and I am getting a handwriting expert to confirm if they were both signed by the same person. If they are, this means my grandfather was still married to Jocelyn Lategan in 1933 when my father was born to him and my grandmother Marjorie Carey. !!

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 07:26 BST (UK) »
It is always interesting discovering the hidden secrets in a family tree!  I think it makes all the searching for information just so much more exciting :)
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Gail Madden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 20 October 14 11:23 BST (UK) »
Have just found an extract of a marriage certificate of James and Marjorie, They were married in 1937, 3 years after son Michael was born, and the 7 has been altered to a 2. He only divorced Jocelyn Lategan in 1936!

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 20 October 14 12:36 BST (UK) »
Ah - it is always amazing to discover the tangled webs of a family tree!
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods