Author Topic: Birth Record Look up Fife *COMPLETED*  (Read 5702 times)

Offline Lois_Moon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Record Look up Fife *COMPLETED*
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 July 14 03:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Eva & Lois
I just stumbled upon your conversation about the marriage of Euphemia DICKSON to James BARCLAY.  I, too, am interested in this marriage.  I am searching from their daughter Elizabeth Stevenson BARCLAY who married Keith Alberthson MacBRIDE in Canada.  I would love to have a copy of the DICKSON - BARCLAY marriage if you could send it to me.

Lois M
BROTHERSTON - E Lothian; CURRIE - Islay
MOON - Cornwall

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 July 14 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Lois M

If you have access to Ancestry, the certificates for the marriage and Euphemia's death in 1894 are included on a member's tree. In particular, there is one family tree with extensive sources and images attached.

James, Elizabeth's father, and the 3 surviving children all left Scotland for the US and Canada?

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lois_Moon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 July 14 03:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica

I will take myself to the local library tomorrow, where I can access the library version of Ancestry.  This should give me access to the member's family trees and therefore the certificates I'm looking for.  Thanks

Lois M
MOON - Cornwall

Offline Jillsback63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 09:21 BST (UK) »
Is their any local records for Fife?
Frame, Walker, Miller, Fyfe, Steven, Boyd, Kelly, Robertson, Johnston, Fyfe, Young, Hill, Mc Quillan,

Offline LMCampbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 23 July 14 18:40 BST (UK) »
Not certain, but I think you were referring to my Barclay tree on Ancestry.com (with the documents attached). I'd be happy to share whatever I have with you.

I'm interested in learning more about Elizabeth, the daughter of James and Euphemia Dickson Barclay. Thanks to your clue, I found the record of her marriage to Keith Albrethewn MacBride dated 31 Dec 1912 in Montreal. The ledger page is signed by the groom and bride (and their witnesses) and his middle name is spelled as shown in the sentence above. 

Lois M Campbell

Offline Robness1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 16 August 14 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hello

My name is Roberta Ness, I live in Canada.
I was wondering if someone could look up a birth record for  William Ness b 1780  d 1845 who married a Barbara Waddell. (Falkland Fife) seems my family lived there for a good 400 yrs.. ha ha

I believe his father is William Ness b 1750?
I am trying to figure out his mother ...I think it was mary Gourlie but am not sure.

Any help would be appreciated

Roberta Ness

Offline Lois_Moon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 23:02 BST (UK) »
Not certain, but I think you were referring to my Barclay tree on Ancestry.com (with the documents attached). I'd be happy to share whatever I have with you.

I'm interested in learning more about Elizabeth, the daughter of James and Euphemia Dickson Barclay. Thanks to your clue, I found the record of her marriage to Keith Albrethewn MacBride dated 31 Dec 1912 in Montreal. The ledger page is signed by the groom and bride (and their witnesses) and his middle name is spelled as shown in the sentence above. 

Lois M Campbell

Yes, Lois Campbell, I did find your page on Ancestry.  I can offer this information about

Elizabeth Stevesnon BARCLAY & Keith Albrethson MacBRIDE

Keith Albrethson MACBRIDE  was born about 1886 in England.
            He died on 02 May 1952 in Montreal, PQ, CAN.

Keith married Elizabeth Stevenson BARCLAY  daughter of James BARCLAY and Euphemia DICKSON on 31 Dec 1912 in Montreal, PQ, CAN. Elizabeth was born on 22 Dec 1890 in SCOTLAND. She was christened on 07 Aug 1920 in Montreal, PQ, CAN (when her daughters Jean and Jessie were christened).   Elizabeth died on 03 Mar 1980 in Montreal, PQ, CAN.

They had the following children:
      F   i.   Lillian Agnes Graham MACBRIDE  was born on 08 Aug 1913 in Verdun, Montreal, PQ, CAN. She was christened on 16 May 1915 in Verdun, Montreal, PQ, CAN. She died in 1999. She was buried in Ottawa, ON, CAN.

F   ii.   Ethel Rose Gordon MACBRIDE  was born on 07 Feb 1915 in Verdun, Montreal, PQ, CAN. She was christened on 02 May 1915 in Verdun, Montreal, PQ, CAN.
Ethel married Frederick George MILNE  son of Alexander MILNE and Catherine MCCRAE. Frederick was born on 24 Sep 1919 in Montreal, PQ, CAN. He was christened on 13 Jan 1920 in Montreal, PQ, CAN.

F   iii.   Jean Elizabeth MACBRIDE  was born on 25 Aug 1916 in Montreal, PQ, CAN. She was christened on 07 Aug 1920 in Montreal, PQ, CAN.

F   iv.   Jessie Altha MACBRIDE  was born on 13 Jul 1920 in Montreal, PQ, CAN. She was christened on 07 Aug 1920 in Montreal, PQ, CAN.

M   v.   Keith Atherton MACBRIDE  was born on 06 Apr 1923 in Montreal, PQ, CAN. He was christened on 27 May 1923 in Montreal, PQ, CAN. He died on 29 Apr 1984 in Broward County, Florida, USA.

Lois Moon
MOON - Cornwall