Author Topic: Curran and McVeigh of Drogheda - Gravestone Lookup  (Read 5402 times)

Offline finians

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Curran and McVeigh of Drogheda - Gravestone Lookup
« on: Saturday 04 June 11 03:02 BST (UK) »
Hello again.

Would anyone mind doing a gravestone lookup for me once again ....please  :)  The gravestones are such a wealth of information but it's hard to find out stuff when you live overseas.

This time around I'm looking for the graves of Peter McVeigh (spellings vary from McVeigh/McVey/McEvey) born 1852 and died 1914 and his wife Mary McVeigh nee Meath/Meadthe/Meade (spellings vary) born 1856 died 1904.  They are shown in the 1901 Census as living in Yellowbatter and the 1911 Census as living in Newtown Stalavan St. Laurence Gate, Louth. 

I forgot to mention that there is a chance that Peter may be buried with his father William McVeigh (spellings vary) - 1833 to 1885 and his mother Margaret McVeigh nee Rogers - 1832 to 1898 and maybe even her father John Rogers.

Also Patrick Curran born in 1821 and died in 1909 and his wife Anne Curran nee Cassidy - dates unknown.  They lived in the Mell area.

Thank you very, very much.
Wendy
Curran, McVeigh, Cunningham, Sillery, Martin, Bannon, Cassidy, Cruise, Tracey, Whelan

Concentrated in the Drogheda area and in both Louth and Meath

Offline TCDrog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Curran and McVeigh of Drogheda - Gravestone Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 October 13 15:15 BST (UK) »
Quite  a lot of the McVeigh's in Drogheda are buried in this cemetery - http://www.discovereverafter.com/graveyards/115/st-peters-roman-catholic-cemetery-drogheda-co-louth