Author Topic: Gill's from Wimborne, Dorset, England  (Read 10150 times)

Offline canadawolf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gill's from Wimborne, Dorset, England
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 August 13 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie,

That is actually in the National Archives...i have come across this a few times but just put it aside cause i couldn't make a connection to it

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=031-pewm&cid=-1#-1

Hope this link works so you can veiw it.You might have to search through it though

Pam:)

Offline canadawolf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile

Offline C3Gloria

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 March 14 03:22 GMT (UK) »
I am just finding this post & may have some information regarding James Gill. I am a Gill & the information that my family has is as follows:

"James Gill born in Wimborne county Dorset, England.He was born around 1800. He immigrated to Exploits Newfoundland around 1830's with his 2 brothers Charles Gill and George Gill. James marrried Mary Beaton in 1836 in Exploits, Burnt Island, Newfoundland. He had 8 children by the names of: -Jane Gill -Susan Gill -John Gill -Charles Beaton Gill -James Gill -George Gill -Sophia Ellen Gill -Alice Gill.

Told to Allan Gill by old timer on his ancestor ... May NOT be true ... He may have left England on the run ... running from the law. (possibly murder)"

Allan Gill is my fathers cousin & has lived in Botwood, NFLD his whole life. My father grew up in both Botwood, NFLD & Indian Point which is where many of the Gill's are burried. I have been to the grave site over there. Many of the Gill's lived there.

In a previous post someone mentioned that it may have been that James was on the run ... well this may be why.

Does anyone know why his "wife" died?

Offline canadawolf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 October 14 12:34 BST (UK) »
Hey C3Gloria,

Sorry just seeing this post know. What i have heard is that he was on the run from a marriage he didn't want cause she was pregnant. Don't have any info on Mary Beaton. i am so fustrated that im starting to give up cause i don't have the means to search. By that i mean cash. Would love to go further but not having any luck  :-[