Author Topic: joan beaufort  (Read 1653 times)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
joan beaufort
« on: Sunday 21 September 14 13:09 BST (UK) »
buried in an abbey in Tarrant Crawford. my 25th grt gran apparently according to ancestry. she died in her brothers arms and buried here in dorset.
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: joan beaufort
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 September 14 14:49 BST (UK) »
buried in an abbey in Tarrant Crawford. my 25th grt gran apparently according to ancestry. she died in her brothers arms and buried here in dorset.

So probably not correct, then? ::)

Picking data from other people's trees is not to be recommended!
Do the research yourself, and get documented facts!! ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 September 14 15:10 BST (UK) »

Can you give a source other than Ancestry or a date?  According to Wiki this Joan (buried at Tarrant Crawford) had no children...........so no descendants.   :-\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_England,_Queen_of_Scotland
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 September 14 17:55 BST (UK) »
sorry thst id the only source I have
all I know is she was born in yorkshire married 3 times once to a member if the muir family once to a forbes I think though not sure and once to either alexander II ie james II again mmy memory is not great cant remember what came up on the search
marjorie 8) ???with one partner she did not have any children that remember she became ill and travelled down to dorset to be cared for by her brother(which in itself seems strange and died in his arms and he buried her nearby , to where he lived I suppose
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 September 14 22:31 BST (UK) »
Your last post doesn't make much sense.

sorry thst id the only source I have
all I know is she was born in yorkshire married 3 times once to a member if the muir family once to a forbes I think though not sure and once to either alexander II ie james II again mmy memory is not great cant remember what came up on the search
marjorie 8) ???with one partner she did not have any children that remember she became ill and travelled down to dorset to be cared for by her brother(which in itself seems strange and died in his arms and he buried her nearby , to where he lived I suppose

Joan Beaufort born 1210 Normandy, married (1221 York) King Alexander II of Scotland & died 1238. Alexander II married 2nd (1839) Mary de Coucy & he died in 1249.

Since Joan was about 11 years old when she married Alexander and he survived her there's hardly time for two other marriages.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Old Bristolian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stephen Bumstead 1844-1903
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 21:48 BST (UK) »
Wasn't There  another Joan Besufort who married James I?
Bumstead - London, Suffolk
Plant, Woolnough, Wase, Suffolk
Flexney, Godfrey, Burson, Hobby -  Oxfordshire
Street, Mitchell - Gloucestershire
Horwood, Heale Drew - Bristol
Gibbs, Gait, Noyes, Peters, Padfield, Board, York, Rogers, Horler, Heale, Emery, Clavey, Mogg, - Somerset
Fook, Snell - Devon
M(a)cDonald, Yuell, Gollan, McKenzie - Rosshire
McLennan, Mackintosh - Inverness
Williams, Jones - Angelsey & Caernarvon
Campbell, McMartin, McLellan, McKercher, Perthshire

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 22:15 BST (UK) »
Joan Beaufort, who married James I of Scotland, died 1445, and was buried at the Carthusian Priory at Perth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Beaufort,_Queen_of_Scots
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 23:18 BST (UK) »
The OP mentioned burial in Tarrant Crawford which is why I mentioned the Joan Beafort who married Alexander II.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!