Author Topic: YOUNG, Emery. Invernesshire  (Read 24526 times)

Offline Ozebeaver

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: YOUNG, Emery. Invernesshire
« Reply #45 on: Monday 25 February 08 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barb,

I actually have Colin and his family, Charles YOUNG and Vere CAMERON on the censuses up to 1881.
Charles remarried in 1858 and dies some time between 1871 and 1881 in Kilmallie, Argyll.

I am more interested in his descendants more than his ancestors.  He married Hannah HOSKIN in 1862 in Tenterfield.  Hannah is an older sister to my ancestor Richard Hoskin Jnr. 

This couple is the last one that I have to find info on in this line which I have back into the 1700's.
Actually Hannah's mother was Hannah HAWKEY and her father and siblings all emigrated to Cobourg ON
in the 1840's.  Also Nicholas HOSKIN, Richard's brother.  Nicholas died in Cobourg and his wife remarried and moved into Michigan.

Thanks for the offer.

Liz

Offline Blue_angel2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Looking here & there, trying to find em everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 25 February 08 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Good luck with finding out the rest of what you are searching for Liz. Sorry I am unable to help.
cheers for now,
Barb
researching:YOUNGS/YOUNG 1800's>Canada>USA>Aus:
CASTLE, Wickhambreaux area Kent>Aus:
CORKE/CORK, Kent, ENG >  AUST
SUTER, Birmingham, Warwickshire>Aus
TAYLOR, STOREY, DAVIES, BROWN, HOLROYD, POTTS, Manchester, Eng
KAY, Manchester
SHEA Co Cork Ireland >O'SHEA NSW AUST:
DONNELLY, co Tyrone Ireland>Oz:
HURRELL, Barnstaple, DEV > NSW AUST:
COFFEY, IRE; London>NSW, AUST
MOYES, unknown >AUST
MILLARD, BLAKE, BASCOMB: ENG
MILLER, SCT>Oz
HOOD Belfast, IRE >SCT>AUST
NEILSON, Lanarkshire, SCT> AUST

Offline Marie Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 12 April 14 05:53 BST (UK) »
Emery Young is my 3rd great grandfather. His daughter Wealthey was apparently named after a boss of the factory (Mr. Wealthey.) where the Meakins family worked before they came out to Australia. He either was very nice or helped them financially in some way. They promised to name a daughter after him.   This is the story told to my mums cousin (Wealthey no 4!) having looked at the tree this story is not possible as Wealthy was named by Emery and Mary Ann (not any of the Meakins) So my best guess is that is was the Castles where the family who started this tradition with Mary Ann. Why? Who knows..... Wealthey Young was the second daughter born.  The second Wealthey to my knowledge was Auntie Tot. (Mariah Meakins) are there more Wealtheys out there?

Any way, I found this old thread while searching for Emery. He jumped ship? And was born in Scotland?  Who is the Emery Young born in Canada?

My grandmother told us that we had "Americans in the family" and that someone came out from America. I assumed this could only be Emery.

He does seem a character,  stealing Von Alpens horse and dray. I would LOVE any more information on him, Barb are you still around?

- Marie

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 31 May 18 00:25 BST (UK) »
Marie and Barb, I am another one searching for Emery.  I have discovered him after having done my DNA.  I am hoping to break down a brick wall of an unknown father.
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Janes - Keynsham and Bristol area.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531