Author Topic: Photo Enlargement  (Read 2283 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Enlargement
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 September 14 15:28 BST (UK) »
You didn't explain very well then, WR  :)

Why not ask the person who took the photo to rescan the original at 300-600 dpi and then put it up  :)

Gadget

PS - copyright does apply to 'privately' taken photos too!

Of course Copyright does apply to privately taken photos,it is always held by the person who takes the photo.Despite the efforts of the BBC and other Media!The good news is that someone else has managed to enlarge it without damaging the sharpness and focus too much.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 September 14 15:32 BST (UK) »

The good news is that someone else has managed to enlarge it without damaging the sharpness and focus too much.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

I'd be interested in seeing the results.   Malky's is as good as you could get with the one you've put up.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 September 14 15:41 BST (UK) »
Well the person worked with the same original as copied from the Site.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline tommyfromri

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 September 14 16:34 BST (UK) »
enlarged to 480 x 349 pixels as original size of post. With a few adjustments. Print size 4 x 7 inches according to my photoshop.  ,Tommy

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 September 14 17:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tommy,though the technical aspects go over my head.My knowledge of photography etc is limited to pressing the button to take the pic!Even then I sometimes set up the camera incorrectly!I can also just about manage to transfer the pics to PC whether by card or attaching cable!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 September 14 19:06 BST (UK) »
Mind you,  WR, you've come on a pace since those early pics that you posted/sent.

I remember doing a restore of your Mother and others many years ago. Took me ages to get you to do a decent scan  ;D

Da iawn.

Me - 4th cousin, many times removed  ;D ;D ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 September 14 19:34 BST (UK) »
Mind you,  WR, you've come on a pace since those early pics that you posted/sent.

I remember doing a restore of your Mother and others many years ago. Took me ages to get you to do a decent scan  ;D

Da iawn.

Me - 4th cousin, many times removed  ;D ;D ;D

Whether I've made progress or not is open to some doubt.I took my camera with me recently to the 100th Anniversary Service at my local War Memorial ideally to take photos of the event.I made a mess of the photos though I'd set the Camera to take Landscape Photos.lol

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Brit2015

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 21 September 14 08:04 BST (UK) »
Sorry I can't do faces !!!!!!!!  What you meant in the beginning was that you wanted it cropped !!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 21 September 14 09:10 BST (UK) »
Many thanks.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire