Author Topic: William Percy BERRY  (Read 26542 times)

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Percy BERRY
« Reply #162 on: Friday 19 September 14 20:18 BST (UK) »
Another link comes from the marriage certificate of George Parsons to Ellen Butcher. George Parsons and Ellen Butcher are married on 22 Feb 1902 at St Peter's in Stratton, i.e. after the death of Emily Sarah Jewell/Bellenger/Berry/Parsons in 1901. George is described as aged 20, a bachelor and labourer of Stratton, Cirencester. Ellen is described as a spinster, aged 21 of Cirencester. George's father is JAMES PARSONS - a labourer. Her father is William Butcher. But most interestingly the witnesses are William Butcher (the bride's father) and RHODA FREEMAN. I believe that Rhoda Freeman's maiden name was Jewell and that she is the sister of Emily Sarah Jewell. A Rhoda Jewell married George Freeman in 1860 and was still alive in 1902, dying in 1906. In 1901 Rhoda Freeman is living at the Plough Inn, Gloucester Road, Stratton - the same street that the Parson family were living in at the 1901 census and where Emily Sarah died. In other words, she is the Aunt of George Parsons. I am assuming that George was the offspring of Emily's marriage/co-habitation with James Parsons. I think we are slowly getting there.

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Percy BERRY
« Reply #163 on: Friday 19 September 14 20:21 BST (UK) »
i meant to add that I have received a number of certificates relating to the Bellengers, which I am trying to absorb. Hopefully more revelations will follow.