Author Topic: Trying to find relatives of Eric and Beryl Collins Sutton Surrey - have Medal  (Read 1962 times)

Offline debbiebozkurt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
 I'm trying to track down the family of the late Beryl Collins, she used to live in my property (Yarbridge Close, Sutton) & she was put into Chegworth nursing home & then passed away, my friend received a package for her which she opened by mistake & she was awarded the arctic start for her service in ww2, she would love to be able to give this to her children. She was told she had a son but the home can't remember his name. i managed to trace her husband he was Eric G Collins and they were together on the 2002 electoral role. I think I found a marriage of a Eric G Collins to a Beryl D Rutledge which matches the area and searched for a son but all I could find was a daughter born in 1951 called Pauline.

If on a slim off chance anyone knows this family can you let me know so we can pass over the medal to them

Thanks

Debs

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find relatives of Eric and Beryl Collins Sutton Surrey - have Medal
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 July 14 22:43 BST (UK) »
Have you tried a letter to the local paper?

I can only find one child from that marriage as well.

There are two marriage with the same name and initial as the daughter (you need to remove her name as she is probably still alive) One is too early and the other is in 1981. I'll PM you the details.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk