Author Topic: william ward, bushey.  (Read 11222 times)

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: william ward, bushey.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 05 July 12 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Maddie

A whopping big thank you, how did you do it, i am on findmypast this year and i dont really like the site too much, i had the genealogist site before and finding information was easier.
I know that arthur had at least one brother,who was known as max, but again there are no births for a max, i did spot one for a reginald m ward and i did wonder if this was him.

I will ask my uncle again to see if he can give me some further information, unfortunately my dad has dementia and some days he will remember people , but most of the time he just about knows who we are.

Once again  thank you for your wonderful help.

regards

Jackie

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie

You are more than welcome, pleased I could help. ;D

Fingers crossed your uncle can come up with some other clue, in the meantime I'll keep looking for any possible Arthur's or Max. :-\

The only other way would be for you to send for the marriage cert of William & Jessie to get William's father. Maybe, with a bit of luck, we can avoid that. :)

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 12:45 BST (UK) »
hi,

I just want to put an update of the research done so far, i have found out that my grandfather Arthur Ward had a brother John and two sister`s called Elizabeth and Renee(irene). His father married (wife number 2) Jessie Frost in 1919 and they had two sons Cecil and Raymond. They did live at 7 Rosebery Road, as this was the house that Jessie lived in with her first husband James Frost and their two daughters. I have just read an email from my uncle and he says that one of the aunties thought that William Ward had come from London.

If i get any further information via pm then i will post another update.

Thank you for all your help

jackie

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 29 May 14 23:12 BST (UK) »
Dear all,

I recently had another look at my great grandfather`s army record and it was alot clearer too read. It confirmed that my grandfather was actually William A Ward  born 1904. I then found a military record for William Augustus Ward who enrolled into the tank corps in 1921 and was invalided out in 1927 with a lump sum of ten pounds and a pension of one pound. His next of kin was William Ward of 7 Roseberry road, Bushey. That was a happy moment for me, as i havent found much out about my dad`s father. I dont know why his name was william arthur on my dad`s marriage certificate. i am still looking for confirmation as to who was William (senior) father. I must sit down and work at one branch at a time instead of flitting all over the place.

Regards,

jackie.

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 30 May 14 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie

That's great that you have had a breakthrough with your Ward family, surprising what turns up eventually, isn't it. :D
I'm guessing then that William Augustus was the one born in Marylebone June qtr 1904, so he was born in London.

Did you get any more info from your Grt Grandfather's Army record as to who his wife was & have you found him on any census.??

Maddie
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 30 May 14 11:07 BST (UK) »
hi maddie

Lovely to hear from you, hoping you are keeping well. I know you have been giving  Brenda a hand with her Goodmans.

The army document was the same  one you  sent me, only i was able to read it clearer on findmypast. William (senior) married Elizabeth Langdon at st james in 1898. They are also on the 1911 census  but i havent found them in 1901. He states that he was with the Kings Rifle regiment but i haven found proof of that either. I will have another delve tonight as i must get ready for work now.

Regards Jackie.

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 30 May 14 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie

Have finally got myself up to speed & found your William's service record, I had a computer melt down last year & lost a lot of info including your Ward's. :D

Found them on the 1911 but I'm also having a job to spot them on the 1901. I'm guessing you didn't send for the marriage cert at St James, am I correct in thinking it was a Roman Catholic church & isn't to be found on Ancestry or FindMyPast.??

Will carry on looking & let you know if anything turns up.

Maddie
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 31 May 14 00:07 BST (UK) »
hi maddie,

Yes you are correct that st james was a catholic church. I have just been reading that it was built in 1890 and is near to Baker Street. So when william and elizabeth landon(i spelt her name wrong last time) were married the church was quite new. I also could read the different addresses where the children were born. My grandfather william augustus was born in March 1904 at Paradise Street, Marylebone and he was not christened. By 1905 they had moved to 19 Harrow st and had three children there. Then by 1914 they were living at 9 Venables St. Marylebone. Somewhere between 1914 and 1919 his wife died and he moved from London to Bushey and married the widow Jessie Frost.

I am now going to see if i can find her death date.

Regards Jackie.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 31 May 14 07:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

Marriages Jun 1898 Marylebone 1a 1331
Elizabeth LANDEG
A N Other
A N Other
William WARD

?
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).