Author Topic: Slattery family  (Read 3384 times)

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Slattery family
« on: Tuesday 04 March 14 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,looking for any information I can find about Ellen/Eleanor Slattery.She was born about 1835ish,married Edward Fleming about 1857 and died sometime between 1870-1900.I do not know the names of her parents nor any siblings this is the only sketchy info I have on her. She had quite a few children with Edward.They are Mary,Anne,Ellen,Martin,Bridget,John,Patrick,Edward and others that I may not know about yet.All I know is that most of the children went to the US during late 1800s with the exception of Bridget(who married John Cullina and died 3 yrs later)and Patrick (who married Maria Flynn of Galway and had many children.He died in Claremorris,Mayo about 1936.His father Edward was living with him til he died in 1902).I have checked with Vital Records,searched parish registers around Claremorris etc but can find nothing about Ellen(Slattery)Fleming at all like she never existed.Can anyone help me with this? I have always felt like she was from Galway,maybe Milltown area but it is just guessing cause Slattery name seems more common in Galway. I can find only three of her known children being baptised in the Crossboyne/Tagheen registers;Martin in 1866,Edward 1867 and Ellen 1870. It is possible that maybe they were in Rocksborough North area for births for some of the children as Edward appears in Griffiths there in 1855. As to the rest of children some may appear in Vital records but as first names very common its hard to know if any related to me.If anyone can help with this I would really appreciate it or even give suggestions on where to look,it would help. I have even checked records of the few online cemeteries in the area for her but no luck.Even finding her and husbands burial would be a start.Also,if there is anyone who may be related please make contact.Thanks,Kim