Author Topic: Lookup please: Thomas Hughes Born abt 1841 Clifden, Galway.  (Read 4456 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup please: Thomas Hughes Born abt 1841 Clifden, Galway.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 August 14 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Both,

Tara,
Yes, I will remove my 'long-shot' parents.

Heywood,
Yes I have searched - I even went through all the 1871 census districts for Wednesbury trying to match family names  - no luck just very sore eyes!

Thanks again

Moggy

Me too  :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Patzy_C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Dia dhuit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 March 15 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Hey Moggy I do believe I've found a relative!

I've been researching my Paternal Irish side for 9yrs now (Tipperary & Kilkenny) but recently lost my Mam and last year I decided to look for her Hughes ancestors from Galway.

My Grandfather was John Hughes b1903 Pewfall Lancs, died in 1928 of his injuries after a pitfall.

My GGrandfather was Patrick Hughes b1866 Wednesbury, Staffordshire and GGGrandfather Thomas Hughes was born c1840 Clifden Galway married to Ellen ? Fairhill Galway.

Mam was only 3yrs old when her father died and my Grandmother remarried soon after so I have no Hughes cousins who Im in contact with, I am really happy to have found your post  ;D

Look forward to hearing from you.
Warmest Regards Patzy (Patricia)

Callaghan/O`Callaghan and Cody/Coady, Nolan/Nowlan, Grace, Mahoney, Armstrong, Grattan, Carter of Fennor & Rathbeg & the parish of Gortnahoe, Co. Tipperary.
Urlingford town & Urlingford parish. Co.Kilkenny. Ireland.

Also Hughes from Galway, Herward/Hereward and (O)Shaughnessy from Dooghta Clonbur, Galway Ireland.

Offline moggymorgan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 March 15 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patzy,

I had almost given up hope on the subject of Thomas and Ellen!

Your grandfather was my grandmother's brother.  I can find 7 children of Patrick and Catherine with John being the youngest and my grandmother, Ellen being the second eldest.

Thomas and Ellen are something of a mystery with no confirmed births/marriage or deaths.  Although I do have slightly more on Patrick and Catherine, John's parents.  I have their tree on ancestry which you would be more than welcome to look at if you are interested?  I am not sure how to send a private email with details.

Hope to hear from you soon and to swap any information that we may have.

Cheers Jo
Jo
Morgan - Hopkins - Williams - Glamorgan Wales:
Hughes - Hurst- Cassidy - Southern Ireland

Offline moggymorgan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 March 15 20:23 GMT (UK) »
PS Patzy,

One of the possible maiden names for Ellen is Nolan and I noticed that you have Nolan's in your tree.

Maybe

Moggy
Morgan - Hopkins - Williams - Glamorgan Wales:
Hughes - Hurst- Cassidy - Southern Ireland

Offline Patzy_C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Dia dhuit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 21 March 15 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jo, Ive emailed you on here.

My heads spinning and about to fall of from all the searching for the marriage of Thomas & Ellen both here and in Ireland lol. No luck as yet

Patzy x
Callaghan/O`Callaghan and Cody/Coady, Nolan/Nowlan, Grace, Mahoney, Armstrong, Grattan, Carter of Fennor & Rathbeg & the parish of Gortnahoe, Co. Tipperary.
Urlingford town & Urlingford parish. Co.Kilkenny. Ireland.

Also Hughes from Galway, Herward/Hereward and (O)Shaughnessy from Dooghta Clonbur, Galway Ireland.