Author Topic: Conlons, Berrys, Spollens, Cartys from Glasson Westmeath  (Read 31600 times)

Offline Notinpastyet

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Conlons, Berrys, Spollens, Cartys from Glasson Westmeath
« Reply #18 on: Friday 31 October 08 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bob , don't get to excited as I'm not great at getting info like some people,but I always try to have a go ,I'm of to Co Westmeath at the end of November, I 'll try my best to see if I can get you any info,regards Nipy

Offline Ed H

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 02 November 08 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bob,

To answer your question about Jim and I being related to Joe and Bartle Spollen. The answer would be yes. I am sure that Jim is more closely related than I.  I think he is 2nd cousin to many and I am 3rd.

Unfortunately, my research didn't start until 10 years ago. My grandmother would  get upset when I asked her questions about Ireland when I was young, she would start to cry as she missed Ireland. So I picked up bits and pieces of information when she talked with my mother about the old days.

My grandmother was one daughter of William Spollen and Bridget Tracey from Bunown. Notice my great-grandmother's maiden name, another possible connection as you mentioned a Tracey in your recent post.

William Spollen was originally from Tubberclair, and Bridget and William married there in May 11, 1873.

While visiting Westmeath in 2003, we met the Spollen's in Tubberclair and also Fr. Seamus Mulvany. Fr Mulvany mentioned to me that many pages are missing in the Parish records, so, some things just can not be confirmed.

Please send me a private message with your current e-mail so we can continue our research and trade info.

EdH

Offline Bobby Conlon

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 November 08 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Mary Derry, you sent me a note about a Rose Conlon b 4/7/1870 in Glasson some time back. Her parents were an Edward Conlon and a Bridget Carty. Where did you find that? Is she related to you? Also I noticed you have McLaughlins from Moville. I may have a connection with you on that front. Thanks Bob

Offline Notinpastyet

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 30 November 08 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bob,I've just got back from Ireland & sorry to say I never got time to get to Tubberclaire this time!My hunt for the Spollens took me to Morrough,Pullough which are in the parish of Lemonaghan & to Ferban,where I found quite a few Spollens headstones,If I come across any Spollens from Tubberclaire/Glasson I will let you know,regards Nipy

Offline Bobby Conlon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 30 November 08 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for trying Nipy! Bob

Offline toctoc

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 02 December 08 00:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bobby,
You are doing great work and, having just found this site I am enthralled by it. My name is Tom Conlon (age 50). My father was also Tom Conlon. He was born in Lisahillen (in 1916, I think) died when I was young and Ididn' get  to  find out much about his side  of our family. My grandfather's name was John Conlon from Lisakillen and I imagine / am almost sure some of his siblings emigrated to USA...
I am only finding my feet on this site, but if í get the hang of it í 'll do my best to keep in touch...

My grandmother on my mother's side was Carty, and I feel sure she was one of the Cartys you talk of; She had many relatives in USA...

My interest in this is quite real, double-barreled,
 and always fascinating; oh to have the time to chase it up a bit more...

Best wishes, keep up the good work and bye for now
Tom (sometimes Tomas ) Conlon

Offline Bobby Conlon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 02 December 08 04:19 GMT (UK) »
Tom, I have a Great uncle who was a Thomas. His wife was a Nora Carty! YThey were from Lissahillen infact which is bizarre because I don't know of a John Conlon. Who was his dad and what were his dates of birth and death? Where do you live? I have to ask my dad about this info! Stay in touch! BC

Offline Bobby Conlon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 02 December 08 04:26 GMT (UK) »
Tom, who was your grandmother Carty and who did she marry? Also who is your mom and where was she from?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 04 December 08 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Bobby..are you still interested in Tang?

There is a (*) if you want to write.

Haven't been that direction, might get time tomorrow!

(*) Moderator Comment: personal details of living people removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.