Author Topic: Peder Hansen (Peter) the Sheriff of Ashland County, Wisconsin and his Mother  (Read 620 times)

Offline Ashnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • NZ genelogy
    • View Profile
Peder Hansen (Peter) the Sheriff of Ashland County, Wisconsin and his Mother
« on: Thursday 18 September 14 02:33 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I am searching for the death dates of 2 of my ancestors. One is Peder (Peter) Hansen; from my research he was born on the March 2nd, 1859 in Denmark. He immigrated to Wisconsin, USA in 1882 with two of his brothers. From what I have been told by relatives he became the Sheriff of Ashland County in Wisconsin. It appears that he most likely never married or had any children. It would be wonderful if I could find out when he died and was buried.

I am also interested to find out the exact death date of his mother Bertha Marie Hanson (born Birthe Marie Prebensen in Denmark). She was buried at Hidegard Cemetery in 1918 http://wigenweb.org/vilas/cem/hildegard.html but I have not been able to find an Obituary or record.

I have detailed information regarding Bertha's and Peder's other family members, if there is anything I can provide that maybe of assistance, please let know.

My sincerest thank you,

Ashley
"With time, persistance and help, we can fill in all the missing pieces of the puzzle."

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
Re: Peder Hansen (Peter) the Sheriff of Ashland County, Wisconsin and his Mother
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 September 14 03:07 BST (UK) »
Do you think this is the correct man in 1900?  Shown as married with one child.  I don't see any other candidates in Ashland County.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11110-100513-32?cc=1325221

This appears to be Bertha:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11096-50032-48?cc=1325221
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline Ashnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • NZ genelogy
    • View Profile
Re: Peder Hansen (Peter) the Sheriff of Ashland County, Wisconsin and his Mother
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 September 14 03:24 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I don't think it is. Do you know if Peder could be traced through his profession?

Many thanks Ashley
"With time, persistance and help, we can fill in all the missing pieces of the puzzle."

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 September 14 03:45 BST (UK) »
I don't see any Peter/Peder Hansen/Hanson in Ashland County in the 1910, 20, 30 or 40 censuses.

It's sort of a long shot, but you could try contacting the Ashland County Sheriff's Office.  It's a fairly small town so they might take the trouble to check their records.

http://www.ashlandcountysheriff.us/
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 September 14 14:03 BST (UK) »
If you have further information on other family members that you could post here, it might help to lead to the right man. 

Offline Ashnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • NZ genelogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 September 14 06:31 BST (UK) »
Hello  :)
I have today Emailled the Sheriff of Ashland it will be interesting what response I get back.

Also I have attached some information of Peder Hansen and his Mother. His mother Bertha was born on the 21st March, 1832. I assumed she came back to Ashland with her son Hans in 1906 and died there in 1918, but maybe she might have stayed in Ironwood, Michigan?