Author Topic: John Carroll, father Jeremiah – where born in Kerry (moved to London Bermondsey)  (Read 12013 times)

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Carroll, father Jeremiah – where born in Kerry (moved to London Bermondsey)
« Reply #18 on: Friday 25 January 13 03:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
Yes my grandfather was Roger Carroll born 1900 St Olave Bermondsey and married Margaret Coakley Dec. ?

I cannot believe how helpful you are.

Offline estiman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: John Carroll, father Jeremiah – where born in Kerry (moved to London Bermondsey)
« Reply #19 on: Friday 25 January 13 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Also check out the 1901 & 1911 censuses:

RG13/392/109/6 = Roger, 8 mth, living 9 Marigold St, B'sey. Parents, Roger & Mary A. Children Catherine 7, Mary 6, John 2, & Roger. Father grain labourer born B'sey

RG14/ 1904 = 1911 census gives Roger 11.  Parents same. Catherine = Kate. Mary, John, Roger plus Elizabeth 9 and William 3.  Residing 29 Salisbury St B'sey. Father dock labourer

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 25 January 13 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I can see a marriage of a Roger Carroll to Mary Corridan, St Olave Dec 1890.

Mark.

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 25 January 13 16:13 GMT (UK) »
So it looks like Roger jr married Margaret Coakley and Roger Sr married Mary Ann Corridan.

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 04 February 13 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for this info.  It seems at last I have something to go on.  I am so new to this and find it a bit of a challenge.

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 05 February 13 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

If you go onto the FreeBMD site and tap in your surnames one at a time and choose 'Birth' or 'marriage' and'Surrey' as your county you will find a lot of info there. Just keep tracing back with your dates until you reach 1837.

Regards,

Mark.

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 30 September 18 20:59 BST (UK) »
Does this assist you. My grandfather was Roger Carroll, sister Mary, and also there was Elizabeth. We lived in Dockhead Bermondsey. He was born at St. Olaves.  ]Record for my grandfather were difficult to get hold of and he kept himself (for some reason) away from any family other than Mary and Elizabeth.
I would like to find out more myself
Thanks

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 30 September 18 21:02 BST (UK) »
Yes discovered Roger Carroll, my grandfather, his mothers side was Corrigan or Corridan....anyone help please

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 30 September 18 22:34 BST (UK) »
 I just realized something about the Carrolls. My grandfather was not Catholic he married Margaret who was a Catholic. The family broke apart. Maybe that is because of the Marriage of a Catholic to a Protestant. Not on at the time.