Author Topic: West woods of Halesowen, Worcestershire  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Greg McGrath

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
West woods of Halesowen, Worcestershire
« on: Tuesday 20 May 14 11:27 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any information about the ancestors of Elizabeth Westwood who maried Stephen Dearn around 1692. Elizabeth's mother was Elizabeth Lancesen and her father Stephen Dearn.
Regards
Greg McGrath

Offline Tividale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Westwood of Halesowen, Worcestershire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 September 14 04:22 BST (UK) »
I have this marriage in my family tree (Stephen Dearne married Elizabeth Westwood 27 Nov 1692 at Halesowen), but am stuck at tracing both backwards. The Dearne family may have come from Newport, Shropshire and/or Brewood-Codsall-Adbaston in Stafffordshire. The most likely Elizabeth Westwood was baptised 14 Oct 1665, parents Richard and Margaret, at Halesowen. I don't understand your sentence "Elizabeth's mother was Elizabeth Lancesen and her father Stephen Dearn".
Smout's and Northall's of Shropshire, Ward's of Warwickshire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire

Offline Tividale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Westwoods of Halesowen, Worcestershire
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 September 14 04:34 BST (UK) »
I see now, Elizabeth Lanceson married Thomas Westwood at Rowley Regis on 13 June 1670. Their daughter Elizabeth Westwood was baptised 25 Dec 1678 at Rowley Regis, so she was not the Elizabeth Westwood who married Stephen Dearne, as she would have been aged 14 years.
Smout's and Northall's of Shropshire, Ward's of Warwickshire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire