Author Topic: Mile Oak Approved School, Portslade 1940's  (Read 2436 times)

Offline jo_kent

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mile Oak Approved School, Portslade 1940's
« on: Saturday 05 July 14 11:09 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I have recently just received my grandfathers care records and found that he was sent to Mile Oak Approved School in 1941 at the age of 11 until 1944 when he left to work on a farm in Surrey.

I am looking to find out more information about the school at the time my grandfather would have been there- daily life, teachers etc etc. Anything to help build up a picture of what his life may have been like. Any pointers towards photographs would also be great- Ive found a few, but they are undated, so have no idea if they are of the right time period.

I know that it is unlikely, due to the age of people that would have been there at the same time as my granddad, but if there is anyone out there with personal recollections, or family members with memories of the school, I would really appreciate you contacting me. My granddads name was Ronald Craft, possibly known as Ronnie.

Thank you in advance

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mile Oak Approved School, Portslade 1940's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 July 14 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hi there is some information here about the school and teachers at www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk there is a list and just click on schools  :)