Author Topic: Marriage Certificate  (Read 1788 times)

Offline dptb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Certificate
« on: Saturday 30 August 14 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi

I wonder if someone can help me.  I am trying to access information from CityArk but don't know how to get it.   I am looking for the marriage certificate for Henry Graham and Sarah Eyles ( spelt Iles in the records).  They were married on 19 September 1831 at St Nicholes Church Brighton.   
  A very kind person did send me a link to other information I required from this church, several days ago and it has proved very useful.

Thanks

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Certificate
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 August 14 19:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm probably getting confused, but I thought Cityark was where the Kent records are rather than Sussex?  I've never looked there for anything from Sussex?

The marriage you mention is on the Sussex Marriage Index but the only additional information is that they are bachelor and spinster and both of the parish.

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dptb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 August 14 21:00 BST (UK) »
HI Liz

Yes I think that is the case I got a bit mixed up but thanks for looking that up for me.  I was hoping for more info on the certificate like fathers name but obviously that's not the case

Diane

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 August 14 21:26 BST (UK) »
Marriage certificates first came along on 1st July 1837, when Civil Registration started.

Before that date you have to rely on Parish Register entries.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)