Author Topic: tyler family  (Read 5431 times)

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: tyler family
« Reply #18 on: Friday 25 April 14 16:37 BST (UK) »
penpen,

This marriage has been a block for me too. Have you found them on the 1841 census ? There is a Samuel and Hannah living in Hampshire in 1841 born out of the county. I guess this is the couple who married in Millbrook Hampshire in 1819. If this is not them I cannot give you any other ideas. If it is the correct couple her name was Hannah Howard, Samuel did seem to be a bit of a wanderer!

Regards
Mike
Halstead ,The Hedinghams,The Maplesteads,The Belchamps,Gosfield,Gestingthorpe,Stisted,Toppesfield

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 25 April 14 16:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks essexpoet that was the info I found earlier this afternoon, but like you, am not sure!

Offline helvissa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 26 April 14 21:27 BST (UK) »
Might not be a relative of yours at all, but I'm transcribing Wivenhoe's parish registers, and in the 1560s there was a chap there who laboured under the magnificent moniker of: Erkinewalde Tyler! I wish I was descended from him. Erkinewalde. Amazing.

Offline RichardByford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Stephen Tyler married Eliza Byford at Great Maplestead 06/11/1828

Eliza's parents were Joseph Byford and Sarah Sibley and she was born 1808.

I concur with earlier post from Trish as to Stephen's parents.

Elizabeth Bray was born in Castle Hedingham.

Information taken from my own research over a period of years so will need checking

Mike

I have lots of detail around the family of Joseph Byford and Sarah Sibley in Great Maplestead - but haven't been able to get ant further back with Sarah Sibley. Any help would be welcome.

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Richard,

Welcome to Rootschat.

The only information I have about Joseph Byford is that he was born c1763 and died 1845. He married Sarah Sibley at Great Maplestead 20/07/1784 at Great Maplestead.
Sarah was christened 04/11/1764 at St Peter's Church Sible Hedingham. The Parish records show her to be the natural child of Thomas Sibley and Jemima Finch. As far as I can see Jemima never married Thomas but in 1770 she married John Burder.
Joseph and Sarah seemed to have had at least 12 children - are you directly descended from one of them?
Hope this is of some help to you.

Mike
Halstead ,The Hedinghams,The Maplesteads,The Belchamps,Gosfield,Gestingthorpe,Stisted,Toppesfield

Offline RichardByford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike

Thanks! That helped enormously...

I was very absorbed in genealogy for ages until about six or seven years ago when I got blocked at Joseph and Sarah (from whom I am descended via the son, Joseph). I looked everywhere for Sarah - I thought!

Now all I have to do is get back on the male line from Joseph the senior. Have you done any work on him?

Once again - thanks. You have reawakened by fascination for ancestry.

Richard
www.byford.org

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Richard,

Pleased to have been of help. Sarah's mother Jemima Finch was born in Sible Hedingham - parents George Finch and Hannah Bilby who married in Sible March 1733. Jemima was christened in 1745 with a couple of her siblings.
I have not been able to trace Joseph senior's place of birth or parents. The Byford family name was fairly widespread in the area. My wife has indirect links with your Maplestead line (via George) as well as the Belchamp Byfords. My own connection  is with the Byfords of Gosfield - not many miles between the lot of them !

Best of luck with your research
Mike