Author Topic: Died at Cloughjorden ,Co Tipperary  (Read 12183 times)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Died at Cloughjorden ,Co Tipperary
« on: Monday 16 April 12 08:51 BST (UK) »
Hello
I have just discovered that my 3xgreat grandmother died 8 January 1885 at Cloughjorden in Co Tipperary but which grandma? . As my 2x great Grandmother Catherine Rochford was born Ireland 1820 I an guessing its a Rochford-and her mother-sorry do not have a first name--or any more information.We know nothing about the Rochford line.This would make her mother about 84/6.
 The alternative granny would be Latham, but as she had her first Child Thomas Latham in Co Cork in 1807 and the family lived in the Skull and Dunmanway area ---I think it unlikely.

Not sure how to start this search and would appreciate any advice.

Many Thanks

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Died at Cloughjorden ,Co Tipperary
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 April 12 08:56 BST (UK) »
there's one Rochford death listed in the area in 1885 that might be worth following up..

Name: Catherine Rochford
  Registration district:   Urlingford
  Event type: Death
  Quarter and year:   Jan - Mar 1885
  Volume : 3 / Page : 568

See : Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon
         Details included on a Death Cert

and  Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 April 12 09:04 BST (UK) »
Urlingford district is a bit to the south east of the district for Cloughjordan, which is Borrisokane - but it's the closest I could find...

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 April 12 10:47 BST (UK) »
very many thanks.This is so exciting.

Offline Mick_Dolan86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 May 12 10:15 BST (UK) »
The Registrar in Nenagh should be able to give you the names of everyone who died in Cloughjordan on the day in question.

There is a Rochford family living in Mullinahone, Co. Tipperary. That would be in the Urlingford area, but Urlingford is in Kilkenny and registration is done by County. That said parts of co. Waterford were registered in Clonmel until 25 years ago

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 May 12 09:00 BST (UK) »
thanks for the message.  I think you may be on to something. I have a photo of my 2x G Grandmother Catherine born 1820 taken as ayoung women in Kilkenny--which didn't mean anything to me--sorry have not got my head around the locations in Ireland. This was only found last month but as we have  A photo of her taken in 1896 in England--we knew it was the same person.
Could you tell me how I find the information on the Rochford family in Mullinahone please.

Until the entry in the birthday book found last month that suggests that it is the mother ( born late 1700s) of Catherine Rochford b 1820 who died--- we had no idea were in ireland ny Rochford side of the family may have come from --or any thing at all about them.

Not sure how to go forward with this but a very big thank you --we have something to start with.

Offline Mick_Dolan86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 May 12 13:13 BST (UK) »
Mullinahone is in South Tipperary so the Registrar is at the County Clinic, Western Road, Clonmel. But for anything earlier than 1864 you'll have to consult the Parish Records.

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 02 January 13 05:00 GMT (UK) »
Just by way of an update.The Register at Nenagh was very helpful but could not find anything. Given I have a photo of Catherine Rochford born 1820 taken in a studio in Kilkenny --looking at Parish records would seem the way ahead but that is not practical from here. Can anyone tell me more about the Rochford family in Mullinhone ???

Many thanks for all the leads.

Offline Mick_Dolan86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile