Author Topic: Robb. Lislaird  (Read 11925 times)

Offline Romily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robb. Lislaird
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 August 10 10:29 BST (UK) »
Thankyou again Aghadowey.
It makes sense here where there are several of the same name.
Romily

Offline BronkoBilly

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 June 14 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
There  were / are many families of Robb in the area. e.g the 1911 census shows the Robbs at Lislaird living in house numbers, 2,7,8,12,14,15,16,18 and 20. 
There are other families in the area.  The ones I am referring to lived in no.12 Lislaird.
They were probably all related in some way or other since the name is in the area since 1800's and before.  Possibly came with the Plantation or before. Some were recorded as of the Presbryterian or Church of Ireland tradition.
At this stage I cannot confirm if we are referring to the same Robbs, but will keep looking and will appreciate if you can get some more info.
For now,
Romily

Hi, if this helps, there were several family's of Robbs living in the lislaird area in 1800s, but I believe most of them moved and another clan of the Robbs name came. Thomas and Jean Robb living on Fort road, may be from the previous Robbs. The Locals call Thomas - tommy. The Robbs of Lislaird today, came from near the borders of Scotland/England.

Offline geoffreyw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 01 February 15 02:11 GMT (UK) »
I am enquiring about ARTHUR & SARAH Robb(Bird) approx 1800 they had 11 children 7 boys 3 girls.1854 John, Robert & Samuel emigrated to Australia aboard the Fitzjames, John went on to be a noted in the construction industry. Robert my great grandfather settled in Clydebamk Victoria.Samuel died as a young man.Are any of these relevant to your searches. Geoffrey W

Offline Adrian Van Gent

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 03:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello I live in Australia.  My great great grandma was a Elizabeth Robb born 1806-1879 she married James Hanigan born 1810-1894 . The family was from castlederg Tyrone and they were successful dairy farmers here in Berry nsw Australia.  We would like some information on the family in castlederg like the names of Elizabeth Robb and James Hanigans parents.  Any I repeat any information would be very much appreciated and I can also pass the information on to the historical society here in Australia.  Thanks very much Adrian