Author Topic: Captain Alexander Storm, Tayport  (Read 24321 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Alexander Storm, Tayport
« Reply #27 on: Friday 14 March 14 18:43 GMT (UK) »
phylscot, hope you get my message I sent you. I do not why your cousin could not get through to me. Hope we can sort it out.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 16 March 14 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Don needs to have a post count of 3 before he can both send & receive personal messages. If someone has already sent him a message, his post box will apear to be full and he won't be able to do anything more until he replies on a topic again.

As long as his email address hasn't changed he should receive notifications that we have all posted and hopefully come back soon.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 16 March 14 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dawn, I notice afterwards that he had only one post.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline seaweed

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll see you one day in Fiddlers Green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 16 March 14 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm D McNair's cousin - he was trying to reply to you but failing to get through.  I'm also connected to Captain Francis McNair, but not to Captain Storm except by marriage through D's family.  I have photos and information about Francis and his family on my Ancestry website.
Just stumbled on this thread.
I don't know if you are aware that the seagoing career (1879-1908) details of Captain Francis McNair born Fairlie 1852 are contained within Lloyds Captains Register held by London Metropolitan Archives.
LCR may also contain details for Captain Storm.
Dim ateb yn well nag ateb anghywir. Nid oes dim yn ddall fel rhai nad ydynt yn dymuno gweld

RIP Roger 10 August 2022

Offline dmcnair59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 16 March 14 13:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karytay - all of a sudden, it appears that I can reply ... how mysterious. I am the great-grandson of Capt Francis McNair (1852-1924), husband of Elizabeth Taylor (1858-1925), married 1883. He was a friend of Alexander Storm, and my parents were friends of Storm's daughters (I met Bessie Storm briefly in England in 1978), although other details about Storm remain hazy for us. Likewise with the Taylor family. I know that Elizabeth was born in Ballarat and came to England as a child, and that her sister Susan ("Aunt Susie") minded the Captain's three boys (Cedric, Archibald, and Tom, the last being my grandfather) in Forest Gate when Elizabeth was aboard Puritan in 1891 with Francis and their newest baby, Bessie. I would love to hear from you! (Thanks also to Seaweed for the advice to consult the Lloyd's Captains Register.) In case I cannot get through again, Karytay, please consider emailing me directly, (*) Don in Vernon, British Columbia

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 16 March 14 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Don

Welcome back  ;D

I'm sorry your email address has been removed, but we have a couple of policies here, no email addresses being one of them. You can exchange these details on the personal message system.

I'll send you a test pm so you can see how the system works.

To send a pm to another chatter, you click on the little icon under their user name that looks like a clip-board, if it's glowing bright green, there's a chance they are online.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 16 March 14 14:14 GMT (UK) »
dmcnair, Don I see you only have one more post to make then you can PM me and we can chat.

Offline dmcnair59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 16 March 14 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi - if this reply qualifies as "Post Number 3," we are all set! I hope you can consult with Phyllis Barlow and see all the work she has done on McNair/Taylor family trees at ancestry.com. She has been at this far longer than I. I shall contact my sisters and my Aunt (Captain McNair's granddaughter, living in Burnaby, British Columbia) to gather more information about Capt. Storm. Don

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 16 March 14 16:33 GMT (UK) »
That will be great, I have a cousin a few times removed in England that I found a few months ago. She is working on the Taylor tree and most of the info I got about the McNair's and Storms was from her.