Author Topic: Could someone.. H  (Read 8671 times)

Offline owenc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone.. H
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 28 October 12 12:49 GMT (UK) »
So how am I going to find out then?

He doesn't give his correct age in the census anyway? There are no Hugh henrys born in 1865 at all in Northern Ireland.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 October 12 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Civil registration of births started in 1864 and became compulsory in 1870. Therefore, he might have been born just before 1864, his birth not registered or registered as male (no Christian name chosen) or under a different Christian name.

The marriage certificate for Hugh Henry of Ballyrogan will hopefully show his father's name and occupation as well as Hugh's residence at the time of the marriage.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline owenc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 28 October 12 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Ok.

Well I have the document from Emerald ancestors and it says that the marriage is a cival marriage.

I will just order the certificate next week.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 28 October 12 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Yes, it was a civil record (I posted the details earlier) but that doesn't mean that it didn't take place in a church (details also posted earlier).

Not sure if Emerald Ancestors will give full details (such as witnesses, occupations of couple and their fathers, exact residences).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline owenc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 28 October 12 16:26 GMT (UK) »
So what do you do if the marriage certificate doesn't have the father?

Offline owenc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 17 April 14 00:18 BST (UK) »
Does this sound right? I did a bit of fixing about..
Hugh Henry M Bridget Higgins
1891 aged 20.

Hugh Henry
Died 25th June 1904 aged 33 (born 1871)

Hugh Henry

Born 1870 July
Rose ann Kelly and Hugh Henry

Trying to get it back further but no luck. Not even a will for his father.

Offline McShane1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 17 April 14 02:56 BST (UK) »
Why don't you order the Irish Civil Registration Marriage Certificate for the marriage of Hugh Henry (Snr) and Rosann Kelly in 1867?

I did a quick free search on the IFHF website and they were married in the Garvagh Registrar's District and this search also gives the fathers' names as James Henry and John Kelly.  A search on Familysearch.org gives similar information, but you cannot beat getting a copy of the actual marriage registrar entry.

Hugh Henry Snr and Rosann Kelly also had another child (a baby sister to Hugh Jnr) either called Mary Anne or Mary Jane (per civil record) born and baptised in 1873 in Garvagh RC parish church.
McShane, Craven, Shoulder, Carroll, Divan or Devine, McGuinness, O'Hagan, Campbell, O'Rourke, Kelly, Carragher, O'Hanlon, Ward, Reynolds, McCourt, McEvoy, Lennon

Offline owenc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 17 April 14 10:50 BST (UK) »
Why don't you order the Irish Civil Registration Marriage Certificate for the marriage of Hugh Henry (Snr) and Rosann Kelly in 1867?

I did a quick free search on the IFHF website and they were married in the Garvagh Registrar's District and this search also gives the fathers' names as James Henry and John Kelly.  A search on Familysearch.org gives similar information, but you cannot beat getting a copy of the actual marriage registrar entry.

Hugh Henry Snr and Rosann Kelly also had another child (a baby sister to Hugh Jnr) either called Mary Anne or Mary Jane (per civil record) born and baptised in 1873 in Garvagh RC parish church.

I already have their marriage certificate and it doesn't give a father. I think its pretty obvious the birth in 1870 is him as the birth is in the church in boleran or however you spell it. What I am trying to do is find his father but I can't as the records don't go back that far.

There does not seem to much data on these Henry's from up there.

Offline owenc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 17 April 14 10:54 BST (UK) »
I have found their marriage and it says its in Garvagh registrars district.  ???

The marriage is in 1867 and the father is James Henry and that is all there is for that marriage. I am trying to get back further..