Author Topic: Proof of Elizabeth Douglas and Robert Alexander marriage  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Falleneagle

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Proof of Elizabeth Douglas and Robert Alexander marriage
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 21:03 BST (UK) »
As many "trees" which appear on the internet are partly, or largely fictitious, it would be helpful to let us know what you have got back to with absolute certainty. We can then perhaps help you identify places to look. I assume you have traced your family back to John Alexander and Martha Fox. If so, it would be useful to know where they lived and when, what John's occupation was, the names of any children, in order, and the witnesses to the baptisms. There are records which might produce something, but to guide you to the right ones, the above information would be useful.

GR2, That is a great idea and here is a link to the tree. The home person is a DNA cousin who's line I am trying to connect to Martha Lockhart and her line. This includes Elizabeth Douglas. I have confirmed everything up to but NOT including Robert Alexander and Elizabeth Douglas. I have also confirmed everything after and including Elizabeth Douglas on back. Follow the Wallace line to the Alexander line and back from there. http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/64947151/family

Again I appreciate any and all help.

Many Blessings
Kevin
Lockhart, MacDonald, Guerin, Evans, Johnston

Offline Falleneagle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 21:09 BST (UK) »
I am offering a reward to the first person who can prove Elizabeth Douglas b. Apr 1681 to Henry Douglas and Martha Lockhart married Robert Alexander.

Kevin,

It's very good of you to offer a reward, however people help each other for absolutely free here on RootsChat. Many of us will go out of our way to help each other.

I suggest that if you do get a result that you give the money to a charitable cause of your choosing.

I'd also ask people to reply to this post to not accept or expect a monetary reward for helping. :)

Thanks,
Trystan
RootsChat Co-Founder

Trystan, I appreciate what your saying very much. I didn't mean to overstep the rules. I would be happy to give it to a charity of the persons choice of whoever come thru with proof. Thank you for this wonderful site and I just hope I can help others as well.

Blessings
Kevin

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 21:13 BST (UK) »
Kevin,

No problem at all - there's nothing written about it, so you wouldn't know. It just shows what a wonderfully kind-hearted generous person you are:) Thankfully you're in very good company of such a bunch of people who are more than happy to help you.  :D

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Falleneagle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 21:15 BST (UK) »
I would like to make a note. I have made the tree I am working on public. I have many records on it for  Elizabeth Douglas and going back thru her parents ect... Please feel free to copy any and all records that may be of help to you. Also thank you all for helping me with this.

Blessings
Kevin

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin

Have you tried  this site, I have just done a search for a marriage 1690 1700, for Elizabeth Douglas and 2 matches come up, you have to buy credits to view the records, and I am out of credit

http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Margp

Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 22:07 BST (UK) »
Me and others have spent some time already on the family of Elizabeth Douglas (fun search, Kevin  :))).

Some posts here:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=681261.0
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=682133.0
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=681403.0

Sadly, there in nothing showing in all the relevant sites etc for Elizabeth's marriage. Wish there was Kevin. You have worked so hard on all of this  :-\

I stay hopeful always but not sure really where to look next...

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Falleneagle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin

Have you tried  this site, I have just done a search for a marriage 1690 1700, for Elizabeth Douglas and 2 matches come up, you have to buy credits to view the records, and I am out of credit

http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Margp

Margep, Yes I have and they are not her marriages unfortunately. It strikes me funny why the females of the families were not considered important enough to trace their lines. I have noticed this  on many sites where the male is all they report on. Yes the surname continues with the male but the females have an important role as well. Sorry for the rant. Thank you for the suggestion.

Blessings
Kevin

Offline Falleneagle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 23:03 BST (UK) »
Me and others have spent some time already on the family of Elizabeth Douglas (fun search, Kevin  :))).

Some posts here:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=681261.0
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=682133.0
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=681403.0

Sadly, there in nothing showing in all the relevant sites etc for Elizabeth's marriage. Wish there was Kevin. You have worked so hard on all of this  :-\

I stay hopeful always but not sure really where to look next...

Monica

Monica, yes it has been quite fun in this search. I also have some great news to report. For sometime now my cousin and I have been trying to make our connection to the Lockhart line of Kirk Andrew Upon Esk Emgland. Last week that connection came thru via dna. Life is awesome.

Blessings
Kevin

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 22 May 14 09:26 BST (UK) »
That is great news  :) DNA research has worked very well on your lines with many sucesses along the way for you in terms of connections.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk