Author Topic: William Davies of Abergwessin  (Read 12115 times)

Offline Gr4h4m

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Davies of Abergwessin
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 17 August 14 18:19 BST (UK) »
Hi i had a great great grand father william davies in abergwesyn married to mary jones, his fathers name was david, they had a daughter jane not sure about a son david

Offline LesDx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 August 14 00:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Graham.

Not wishing to double-guess how many 'greats' to try to correlate (!), do you have a date for the marriage of William and Mary?

(ps....for Osprey and Roger...I obtained the drovers' book and, although interesting in itself, it did not have any named references which might help.)

Offline Gr4h4m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 18 August 14 09:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Les
Sorry i dont have marriage dates but william was dob was 1828-1904 and mary 1838-1938 yes she was 100 yrs old and quite famouse with an article in the newspapers about her life. their daughter jane 1871-1958
That would have made william 43 and mary 33 at the time of her birth. I would hazard a guess of their marriage at about 1868 ?, sorry i cant be more helpful

Offline LesDx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 August 14 17:07 BST (UK) »
Ah, thought so....a generation gap!

'My' William Jnr. was born 1828, died 1886.  Me married a Margaret Evans in 1849.  I have confirmed details on his life from that time onwards but have struggled with his forebears!  Not helped by him recording his place of birth in three different counties in various censuses.

One of the birth listings links to potential parents of William Snr. and Mary.  But, as you notice, with so many Bill Davies's around, it's easy to get on the wrong lines.

Thanks anyway for your contribution.