Author Topic: Kilduffs from Taghmon, Westmeath  (Read 4651 times)

Offline DancesWithAliens

• RootsChat Extra
  • British Isles, Western European
    • View Profile
Kilduffs from Taghmon, Westmeath
« on: Wednesday 23 October 13 17:33 BST (UK) »
I am a direct descendant of Thomas Kilduff and his son Bernard Kilduff who were originally from Rallicorbally, Taghmon, Westmeath, where Thomas owned 9 acres of land according to the 1825 Griffith's Valuation. In fact, during my genealogical research I noted several place names in the Taghmon and surrounding area that contained Kilduff residents, I am assuming these persons were all related.

The following individuals are my GGGgrandparents and family:

Husband: Thomas Kilduff, date of birth and death unknown.
Wife: Mary Louisa Kilduff, date of birth and death unknown.

Children of Thomas and Mary:

1. John Kilduff: born 1825 in Rallicorbally, Taghmon, Westmeath date of death unknown.
2. Bernard Kilduff: born 1827 in Rallicorbally, Taghmon, Westmeath and died 1899 in New York City, New York, United States.
3. Helen Kilduff: date of birth and death unknown.
4. Peter Kilduff: date of birth and death unknown.
5. Thomas Kilduff: date of birth and death unknown.

Bernard Kilduff, my GGgrandfather, emigrated to the United States with his wife Mary Wall and their son Patrick during 1842. Bernard had a total of 14 children who also begat large families and now thrive throughout the United States. I have no information about Thomas Kilduff, his wife or their other children, except for three additional Griffith's Valuations that identify these individuals in the Taghmon area.

I would be greatly interested to learn more about the Kilduff family from Taghmon and appreciate any information provided. Thank you very much in advance.
Ireland: Kilduff, Egan, McSherry, Murphy, Darcy
Northern Ireland: Taylor, Garvin, Creighton, Grier, Suffern, Martin, Hamilton, Young
Germany: Ryder, Maurer, Epple, Wiggenhauser, Wegman, Kramer, Schmid, Noll, Schroff, Geiger, Gutmann, Schimpeler

Offline dalyno

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kilduffs from Taghmon, Westmeath
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 April 14 22:00 BST (UK) »
the place name is Rathcorbally, my family originally came from there.
Kilduff would not be a very common name in the Taghmon area now. as far as i know the only family of that name now live at Knockdrin, Mullingar a few miles from Taghmon. perhaps if you try contact them they my have some information for you as i assume they originated in Rathcorbally

Offline DancesWithAliens

• RootsChat Extra
  • British Isles, Western European
    • View Profile
Re: Kilduffs from Taghmon, Westmeath
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 07:46 BST (UK) »
Excellent information, thank you very much!
Ireland: Kilduff, Egan, McSherry, Murphy, Darcy
Northern Ireland: Taylor, Garvin, Creighton, Grier, Suffern, Martin, Hamilton, Young
Germany: Ryder, Maurer, Epple, Wiggenhauser, Wegman, Kramer, Schmid, Noll, Schroff, Geiger, Gutmann, Schimpeler