Author Topic: robert wilson connell death  (Read 2735 times)

Offline whitey1954

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
robert wilson connell death
« on: Monday 07 June 10 16:29 BST (UK) »
i have a death cert . of Robert Wilson Connell from July 18th 1927 that lists him dying on the shore opposite glennells house(not sure of the spelling of glennells  ) Tarbert. At this time there is no cause of death but then in June of 1928 there is a correction to this register that list his death as a cerebral hemorrhage, would anyone be able to find a newpaper article or maybe know the house that they are talking about here. thanks in advance Jamie

Offline lismore

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: robert wilson connell death
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 February 14 15:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jamie
I know your post is some time ago, but I have just joined Rootschat. Found this recently.
The Glasgow Herald - 20/7/1927

Connell -
Suddenly at Tarbert, on the 18th July, 1927, Robert Wilson Connell, aged 73, of 30, Willowbank Street, Glasgow, husband of Agnes M Millan, traveller with Ivie, Hair and Co., - Funeral tomorrow (Thursday) at 2.30pm from Willowbank Street; flowers respectfully declined.

Some letters and numbers are very blurred, especially Agnes' surname, but hope it helps.

From
Lismore

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: robert wilson connell death
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 February 14 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, Lismore  :) Wow, that is great info for Jamie. If the email is still working, he should get a notification of your post here.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk