Author Topic: Hilton Village "Grange Farm" workers cottage location?  (Read 1219 times)

Offline harr2jas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hilton Village "Grange Farm" workers cottage location?
« on: Saturday 20 September 14 05:54 BST (UK) »
Dear Forum,

Seeking local knowledge to locate the workers cottage used by farm workers employed at "Grange Farm" during 1949. My father tells me that the semi-detached cottage was on the southern side of the  village before the Farm entrance on the right hand side of he road (eastern?), off the main village road and up a twisting driveway. One cottage had a small yard and the other was fenced much larger. They were two storey. Mr J .P. SNELSON was the farmer that owned them. My grandfather passed away in this cottage and I am keen to locate it, regards Jason
HARRISON - Kidderminster/Leicester/Loughborough, BASKERVILLE - Bromyard, COOPER - Wareham, BARTLETT - Swindon Wiltshire, Swanage
COOPER - Corfe Castle, Swanage, Wareham, Steeple
PERRINS and PERK - Old Swinford

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hilton Village "Grange Farm" workers cottage location?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 September 14 06:29 BST (UK) »
If you use Google Maps to locate Grange Farm, Hilton, Staffs (a thriving clay-pigeon shooting business?!), there appear to be 2 semi-detatched cottages to the West of the main farm?

Their website is http://www.grangefarmhilton.co.uk/
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)